Club 84 - Supporter’s Group

Club84

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Guilty as charged I'm afraid.

As far as you being able to make it, I'm not sure you being part of the show is quite going to have the desired effect.?

No, No... what I meant wa... oh bugger, you've stitched me up good and proper, innit!  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/01/2019 at 09:24, Parsnip said:

I think we should make Pride Park the ground of absolute silence. Absolute, pin drop silence. Other teams would hate coming here. Imagine how intimidating that atmosphere would be?

Imagine having to take penalty with 30,000 people watching in absolute deathly, eerie, silence.

Bit like Southampton, if you take 22,000 pff that total. Thought their home support was fairly meh and ours was great as a compact, vocal bunch in one corner.

Just think that is the reality, most away fans give it their all, the home crowd just never rally round in a lot of grounds, more so if sparse.

Be interesting what comes of this new group, can’t see it impacting me much personally but anything that improves fan experience is a good thing.

22 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm a bit confused (not difficult). How would getting to the ground earlier in order to enjoy whatever facilities/events are outside the ground help the match atmosphere? Surely it would just mean fans would spend the extra time outside the stadium and not really taking their seats any earlier.

The only way it would help is if there was pre-match activity actually on the pitch/inside the stadium.

It would improve the whole matchday experience and encourage a few extra people to turn up, in my opinion (not necessarily the atmosphere).

Archived