Club 84 - Supporter’s Group

Club84

Good Evening Everyone, 

You may or may not have heard rumblings of the founding of a new supporter’s group, so we thought this would be the best place to share our aims for the future.

The main focus of the group is to organise likeminded Derby County fans against the modern football machine.

We also promise to...

In doing so we will aim to bring a baseball ground atmosphere to Pride Park. This will focus around a designated singing block within the South Stand from which Club 84 will be based at home matches.

Look to organise likeminded fans for away days. This will include joint travel arrangements and away pubs and coordinating our presence within every away end up and down the country.

Make and acquire a substantial collection of banners that truly represent the proud history of our club and that are visually impressive to be utilised before home and some away matches.

Campaign and pressure the club to accept the “£20 is plenty” message and make football affordable for a football city.

We will also do the same for safe standing. attempt to guide the club in creating a Pride Park to be proud of.

We will look to add character where it may be lacking. We will also encourage an improvement of facilities within and around the stadium to encourage people to get to the ground earlier. 

Self police our flock. Any criminal activity, disorder or antisocial behaviour by any individual(s) with any connection to our group will be reported to the club and/or the appropriate authorities immediately.

Be an inclusive group for any likeminded fan that wants to make noise for the boys. In doing so the group will look to make connections with other fan led organisations in order to work together where possible. Furthermore the group will look to aid the wider community of Derby and Derbyshire whenever it can.  

Be completely a-political. This group is obsessed with a football team that plays in Derby and not in Northern Ireland or Glasgow. The founder members of this group thought about voting in the Brexit referendum before deciding to get hammered on the sofa and watch the football instead. This group has no political affiliation of any kind and will not tolerate political motives. The group will also strongly encourage Derby County Football Club to adopt the same position. 

Look to adopt a non league team for the day when Derby County don’t have a fixture in order to support the grass roots of the game we love.

We have a number of social media accounts spreading across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and a website. These are the best places to keep up to date with what we’re doing but we will keep this forum well updated too.

Thank you,

Club 84

www.club84.co.uk

www.facebook.com/Club84DCFC

www.instagram.com/club84supportersgroup

www.twitter.com/84_club

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Club84 said:

Good Evening Everyone, 

You may or may not have heard rumblings of the founding of a new supporter’s group, so we thought this would be the best place to share our aims for the future.

The main focus of the group is to organise likeminded Derby County fans against the modern football machine.

We also promise to...

In doing so we will aim to bring a baseball ground atmosphere to Pride Park. This will focus around a designated singing block within the South Stand from which Club 84 will be based at home matches.

Look to organise likeminded fans for away days. This will include joint travel arrangements and away pubs and coordinating our presence within every away end up and down the country.

Make and acquire a substantial collection of banners that truly represent the proud history of our club and that are visually impressive to be utilised before home and some away matches.

Campaign and pressure the club to accept the “£20 is plenty” message and make football affordable for a football city.

We will also do the same for safe standing. attempt to guide the club in creating a Pride Park to be proud of.

We will look to add character where it may be lacking. We will also encourage an improvement of facilities within and around the stadium to encourage people to get to the ground earlier. 

Self police our flock. Any criminal activity, disorder or antisocial behaviour by any individual(s) with any connection to our group will be reported to the club and/or the appropriate authorities immediately.

Be an inclusive group for any likeminded fan that wants to make noise for the boys. In doing so the group will look to make connections with other fan led organisations in order to work together where possible. Furthermore the group will look to aid the wider community of Derby and Derbyshire whenever it can.  

Be completely a-political. This group is obsessed with a football team that plays in Derby and not in Northern Ireland or Glasgow. The founder members of this group thought about voting in the Brexit referendum before deciding to get hammered on the sofa and watch the football instead. This group has no political affiliation of any kind and will not tolerate political motives. The group will also strongly encourage Derby County Football Club to adopt the same position. 

Look to adopt a non league team for the day when Derby County don’t have a fixture in order to support the grass roots of the game we love.

We have a number of social media accounts spreading across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and a website. These are the best places to keep up to date with what we’re doing but we will keep this forum well updated too.

Thank you,

Club 84

www.club84.co.uk

www.twitter.com/84_club

Glad to see fans making a effort, how many members/fans have you got interested in this project. Hope everything goes well, and we start to create a positive atmosphere at pp.

1 hour ago, Club84 said:

Good Evening Everyone, 

We also promise to...

Thank you,

Club 84

www.club84.co.uk

www.twitter.com/84_club

How do you propose to move people out of the two blocks you mention on your website to make way for the singers?

Will they have to audition?

How will you encourage Derby County to be a-political?

We've already hosted an erection campaign rally, how would you have prevented that?

I personally like the modern football machine, it's great watching games on Sky when I can't attend for various reasons, why wouldn't I?

I know this sounds a Grinchy response, but what will you do better than other fan groups who've come and gone with less lofty ideas?

Give me convincing answers, and I'll join in the campaign by pissing in the fella in fronts pocket on Saturday, thus reviving the BBG atmosphere.

Not Northern Ireland?......not Glasgow?.......Aberdeenshire Rams no more? are we no longer allowed?.... no room at the Inn?

Derby County Football Club is for everyone.

When you go will you send back
A letter from America?
Take a look up the rail track
From Miami to Canada

Broke off from my work the other day
I spent the evening thinking about
All the blood that flowed away
Across the ocean to the second chance

I wonder how it got on
When it reached the promised land?

I've looked at the ocean
Tried hard to imagine
The way you felt the day you sailed
From Wester Ross to Nova Scotia

We should have held you
We should have told you
But you know our sense of timing
We always wait too long

Lochaber no more
Sutherland no more
Lewis no more
Skye no more

I wonder my blood
Will you ever return?
To help us kick the life back
To a dying mutual friend

Do we not love her?
Do we not say we love her?
Do we have to roam the world
To prove how much it hurts?

Bathgate no more
Linwood no more
Methil no more
Inverurie Ram no more..............but Club 84?

As someone who enjoys going to watch the team I love I don’t have a problem with any group who want to try and improve the atmosphere.

Maybe if we all take a step back and think about why we support Derby and not be ashamed to sing our hearts out we’d enjoy the match day experience a bit more.

Pleased with anyone who wants to improve the atmosphere.

Disagree profoundly with the idea to "pressure the club to accept the '£20 is plenty' message". Sounds as if you're saying you won't be happy unless Mel puts even more money into the club? 

With Premier League TV riches clubs can afford to do that, and I'm sure Derby would be keen. Unfortunately we're not in the Premier League. It's a shame, but if fans want success we have to make a contribution towards running the club through gate receipts. 

Hoping we do make it to the Premier League some time soon, it will be the "modern football machine" that enables the club to implement £20 is plenty. 

Good luck to you and I hope it works for the people that want to be involved.

I'll carry on singing in an unorganised way though as I think some of the songs I like to sing would probably end up with me being the first person that you "report to the club and/or the appropriate authorities immediately."

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

How do you propose to move people out of the two blocks you mention on your website to make way for the singers?

Will they have to audition?

How will you encourage Derby County to be a-political?

We've already hosted an erection campaign rally, how would you have prevented that?

I personally like the modern football machine, it's great watching games on Sky when I can't attend for various reasons, why wouldn't I?

I know this sounds a Grinchy response, but what will you do better than other fan groups who've come and gone with less lofty ideas?

Give me convincing answers, and I'll join in the campaign by pissing in the fella in fronts pocket on Saturday, thus reviving the BBG atmosphere.

It would be much greater if we all had the possibility to watch every game on RamsTV

6 months...

Seriously, good luck but nothing new really.. Policing yourself, maybe. I doubt anyone who would need policing, would be part of your group. Everything about that concerns me.. Who decides what? You will have different factions pretty soon and as Boycie says everyone will be spitting the dummy.

As Revel said, how the hell will you move people in the South Stand? Not going to happen yoof.

20 is plenty.. Not going to happen as has been stated above.. 

Flags don’t work, don’t waste your money.

All we need is a winning team. It’s not that hard to create an atmosphere then.. I don’t care how many ‘groups’ we have, it’s hard to get behind a team that is getting spanked 3-0

Just a few thoughts on this:-

1 - Why is a new group being set up as opposed to supporting groups that have already tried this? Is this about the club or personal glory?

2 - How do you plan on having a designated singing block? Is this something the club have agreed to as it may mean moving people who have held season tickets for x amount of years.

3 - I like the away day idea. I think you'll struggle in co-ordinating travel arrangements as Derby fans are spread far and wide. Will you be liaising with away pubs in advance as some may be averse to large numbers arriving together.

4 - Don't we already have numerous banners and flags?

5 - How do you propose to cover the shortfall in funds created by lowering ticket prices? Why target our club and potentially but us at a disadvantage to our rivals? If you want to campaign against ticket prices surely either the EFL or government should be who you are going to so as to force all clubs to apply this?

6 - Hasn't one of our fans already done a lot of work regarding safe standing? Would it not be better to contact him/her to see where we are at and anything you could do to help?

7 - Where is the money coming from to improve the facilities? Are you going to be launching a fundraising campaign? I believe MM has invested enough in the facilities and they are already pretty much second to none.

8 - Self policing your flock? I'd hope this is what any normal fan would do anyway. How will you know who belongs to your flock?

9 - You are looking to aid the wider Derby/Derbyshire community? Does this mean financially or manpower. Do you have any examples of what you have in mind?

10 - Being a-political, agree with this. Football and politics don't mix!

11 - Looking to adopt a non league team as a group I don't think will work as I imagine a lot of fans will already have a place where they go when the Rams are not playing. 

Sorry if the post appears negative but I just don't understand why a new group seems to pop up every other year. Surely it would be better to support already established groups. If there really was the appetite for these sort of groups why would the other ones not be a success? What are you offering that previous groups haven't because to be honest I can't really see much.

Good luck though!

Fairly ambivalent about this kind of thing. I’m not convinced groups like this are absolutely necessary, except perhaps for logical issues like organising away travel and that kind of thing (which I assume already exist?).  

The only thing that bothers me is the slightly confrontational tone of a few of the group’s objectives.  I don’t think we one of those clubs like Blackburn or Blackpool where the ownership is hated, quite the opposite really.  Apart from one or two on here I think most would accept that the club is well run, there has been plenty of investment in the team and facilities (even if it’s not in the areas some would want) and they seem to have plenty of communication with fans.  Perhaps I’m easily pleased.  

I would hope a group such as this saw themselves as working with the club not ‘campaigning’ against them in some way.  Maybe it’s just the language and tone and  I’m being unfair?

I cannot believe that after fans have been moaning on and on for months about the lack of atmosphere, as soon as a group come along to try and change things, they get shot down like this.

Forget self-policing, we’re self-assassinating.

I think it sounds good if you can pull it off. I particularly like the plans you have for away days.

Archived