January excuses early

FindernRam

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Take your point but I see no reason for us to fear the January fixtures. Leeds is a game I've been looking forward to. A chance to set the record straight. No doubt they're a decent outfit but we gave them the keys to the city on their visit to PP and we've shown in spades that that piece of form is not reliable. Boro we absolutely battered and should have been 4 up after 30 minutes. How they got a point that day I'll never know. I also thought we edged the Norwich game so I don't really fear any of the teams we meet, we just need to show our form and let them worry about us IMO.

Your logic is impeccable, but the weight of history says otherwise, or maybe its the universe, or the old Gypsy curse!

My prediction is we'll struggle but if you look at the prediction tables I'm languishing in league 1 for now so what do I know. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Take your point but I see no reason for us to fear the January fixtures. Leeds is a game I've been looking forward to. A chance to set the record straight. No doubt they're a decent outfit but we gave them the keys to the city on their visit to PP and we've shown in spades that that piece of form is not reliable. Boro we absolutely battered and should have been 4 up after 30 minutes. How they got a point that day I'll never know. I also thought we edged the Norwich game so I don't really fear any of the teams we meet, we just need to show our form and let them worry about us IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, I think we’ve got every chance of getting good results. But you can’t win them all, and a narrow defeat in any or all of these games would be disappointing, but not unrealistic. Maybe we loose unluckily, or some very good teams just shade it, but if we end up getting 4 out of 12 pts in January, everyone will start thinking it’s the curse of January again. 

Hope we just batter everyone though.  

Archived