Slow starts

Millenniumram

Amongst all the rubbish about plan B’s and being outwitted I’d like to point out our real Achilles heel- starting lazy and half asleep. Goals conceded in the first 10 minutes of the last 3 games on the spin. This has to be resolved ASAP, it’s been a problem we got away with before recent games, reading and Preston stand out as having a similar problem but we survived. 

You have to win the right to play at the start of every game. If you waltz out and expect teams to roll over to your passing and just allow you to play, then you start gifting chances and handing the momentum to the opposition (see Forsyth today). How does frank go about solving this? Is it a mentality issue? Overconfidence? I really don’t know, but I’ve not seen a team shoot itself in the foot the way we do in a long time.

All isn’t lost, just fixing the start of games would be a massive improvement imo and actually allow us to play our game.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen todays goal but its hard to generalise.

brentfords goal was good play by them and no fault unless you count dalsgaard beating tomori in the air. 

50 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I said last year, you can tell how Derby will go in the game after the first 5 minutes. We never  seem to pick up the pace after a slow start. There is some weird mentality in the team, no matter who is playing that keeps up in first gear sometimes.

Goes against the last 2 league games really.

Started slowly against Brentford and battered them.

Started on the front foot against Bolton and went on to lose.

Archived