Jet Coin

Waffle

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do invest in some Crypto and have had a quick look at the exchanges it's on and in Reddit at the Jetcoin community. It's tiny and it's on the smallest exchanges.

Link of an investors view: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/8rappo/jetcoin_why_it_is_an_excellent_investment/

My concern with this is that they don't explain how they go about obtaining a portion of a players image rights. If I wanted to buy a League Two players image rights because I think he might do a Vardy, how would that even happen and who enables that? How would those markets be created for that player and surely this would require global framework of legal expertise?

I seriously doubt all these clubs would have done the sponsorship without the money upfront, because crypto's can and do fail crash over night. 

At the worst case scenario my guessing is that they made a ton of money from an ICO (initial coin offering), and are using that money to sponsor a load of teams to gain credibility. This in turn pumps up the price of each coin and from there they could cut and run and leave investors with valueless coins for a product that won't ever get delivered. Happens a lot in crypto.

Even if this company is legit, do we really want to be associated with such dubious goings-on?

Hang on, I've just had an Idea. To save clubs from getting involved with morally questionable companies, and so that supporters aren't lured by pay-day loan or betting companies and the like, why don't FIFA ban ALL shirt sponsorship? After all, FIFA only care about safeguarding and promoting the game, right?

Archived