Up to Speed

Stripperg-ram

Haven’t really kept tabs on the Rams out of season. Not been to any of the preseason games or been on the forum much, so was hoping some of you could bring me up to speed before the Reading game next week...

What’s our formation?

What position do the new lads play?

Who looks sharp?

Any weakness’s?

Is Bryson back to his best?

Who’s on their way out the door?

Any more to come in?

Do we look any good?

Anything else you’ve noticed/worth mentioning?

Any info would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance and Come On You Rams!

??

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s our formation?

4-3-3

What position do the new lads play?

Mount - most forward of the midfield 3

Wilson - right wing, but after FloJo (Jozefzoon) came on today Wilson moved into a central role

Jozefzoon - right/left wing

Marriott - striker

Who looks sharp?

Everyone. Lowe has almost removed our need to sign a new left back because of how good he's been. All the signings other than Marriott have looked great (Marriott hasn't played yet). The defence looks fairly solid as always and we seem to have a nice little trio set up in the midfield 3. Bryson in particular is worth a mention as he's looking back to his best (minus the goal scoring)

Any weakness’s?

Nugent has been getting a bit of criticism because he's missed a lot of chances, but it's clear to see his energy is key to how we want to play with the pressing. Marriott signing is hopefully an upgrade on Nugent but I personally would still like to see him involved a lot this season

Is Bryson back to his best?

As mentioned above, in my opinion yes but don't expect many goals because Mount is the more attacking of the midfield 3

Who’s on their way out the door?

Vydra most likely. Rumours about Nugent and Jerome having some interest but nothing seems to have happened there. Not much else has been reported as of yet

Any more to come in?

Waghorn heavily linked, but only if Vydra does leave, which is up in the air at the minute because him and Leeds are struggling to agree terms

Do we look any good?

Very. Exciting attacking football, a massive change to what Rowett wanted. We seem to be going out to win rather than not to lose

Anything else you’ve noticed/worth mentioning?

Youngsters getting much more of a look in under Frank. It's only pre-season so may change, but Bennett has been preferred to Jerome up front, Thomas to Anya and Blackman, Lowe to Forsyth and Bogle seems to be our 2nd choice right back at the age of 17 with Frank opting not to sign a Baird replacement 

1 minute ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Wow @Cam the Ram 

Thanks for the thorough and positive review. Sounds very promising.

?????

No problem mate. If you get a couple of hours free time, the friendlies are free to watch on Derby's website. I'd advice either today's game (will be up to watch in a day or 2) or the Southampton game. Both had what is probably our strongest 11 (minus Marriott) and show the style that Frank is wanting us to play

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/re-watch-the-rams-pre-season-clash-with-southampton-in-full

Ignore @Cam the Ram I don't know what he's been drinking. Here's all you need to know... (Don't thank me thank the author).

"Is this season a write off already?

No new signings

A new inexperienced manager with little room to manoeuvre in the transfer market. 

An ageing squad only declining in ability

Championship rivals spending big and improving their squad

Half the current squad out of contract next summer - not exactly a good base to build around

I don’t blame Lampard for any of this. It’s not like the Nigel Pearson situation where he waited until the season started and then panicked because the players didn’t fit his system.

This upcoming season already seems like a waste of time when half the squad will be gone in 12 monthsand it’s not good enough for promotion. We don’t have a Hughes or Hendrick to build around either."

11 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Ignore @Cam the Ram I don't know what he's been drinking. Here's all you need to know... (Don't thank me thank the author).

"Is this season a write off already?

No new signings

A new inexperienced manager with little room to manoeuvre in the transfer market. 

An ageing squad only declining in ability

Championship rivals spending big and improving their squad

Half the current squad out of contract next summer - not exactly a good base to build around

I don’t blame Lampard for any of this. It’s not like the Nigel Pearson situation where he waited until the season started and then panicked because the players didn’t fit his system.

This upcoming season already seems like a waste of time when half the squad will be gone in 12 monthsand it’s not good enough for promotion. We don’t have a Hughes or Hendrick to build around either."

Lol thats brill

Archived