World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Grimbeard said:

He's right though.

Is he heck, he’s anything but......

Beat what’s in front of you, pretty sure he’s probably had that on draft ready to copy and paste on here after every game...... it’s quite sad some take so much pleasure..... and you know he is, out of us getting beat tonight, our first semi final in 28 years..... it’s sad that some rafter try and score interpoint points, they’d been valid in 2010, 2014 and 2016..... not this time, enjoy your nights guys. You couldn’t wait to see that. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The thing is though Spain, Germany , etc are not decent outfits any more. They are old and past it.next world cup we will have nearly all the current squad plus a few new exciting players .. We did win the under 20s World Cup after all. But oh it was a missed opportunity though AGAIN!!!! Grrrrr.... 

But they will have next generation of players coming through too like England, France etc. Spain will have Isco, Saul and Asensio leading their next generation, Germany with sane, Goretzka, Werner, kimmich, Brandt. They won’t be blocked by players as the older players would have retired.

France have the best generation coming through though. 

8 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Good job football came home like 2 weeks ago according to the Internet eh lads. 

According to the commentator "this team will return home as national treasures"... Because they beat Panama, Tunisia and Sweden, drew with Colombia and lost to Belgium and Croatia... Okay then ?

Same old England. Would have been out 2 rounds ago if we didn't get so lucky with the draw.

Created sod all tonight.

If you're honest with yourself, you know I'm right. 

Mr Happy with happy clapper

Just now, ketteringram said:

Yeh. Imagine fans being biased. Weird that. 

Yeah well I hate to get all philosophical about it but in 2018, in this post-truth world we live in, I personally still value objectivity and it winds me up when people reject the truth in favour of what they want to hear. My bad I guess. 

Just now, GadFly said:

Yeah well I hate to get all philosophical about it but in 2018, in this post-truth world we live in, I personally still value objectivity and it winds me up when people reject the truth in favour of what they want to hear. My bad I guess. 

Nope your just a cyber warrior looking for a fight, yep you’ve got it..... I bit along with many others, see reply to @Grimbeard it’s pretty pathetic if you ask me how you’ve reacted..... 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Is he heck, he’s anything but......

Beat what’s in front of you, pretty sure he’s probably had that on draft ready to copy and paste on here after every game...... it’s quite sad some take so much pleasure..... and you know he is, out of us getting beat tonight, our first semi final in 28 years..... it’s sad that some rafter try and score interpoint points, they’d been valid in 2010, 2014 and 2016..... not this time, enjoy your nights guys. You couldn’t wait to see that. 

I wanted to win just as much as you did. Doesn't mean I'm going to pretend we're a great team and beat amazing opposition to get this far. The first time we've played half decent opposition (except Belgium, who, oh yeah, we lost against!) we lose... Quelle surprise! Hype all you want about beating Tunisia and Panama and Sweden, but deep down you know I'm right... This England team is no different to those before it. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Nope your just a cyber warrior looking for a fight, yep you’ve got it..... I bit along with many others, see reply to @Grimbeard it’s pretty pathetic if you ask me how you’ve reacted..... 

I'd say it to your face. How about telling me WHY I'm wrong rather than resorting to attacking my character? 

Argh it was so daft to try and play on the counter. Everyone back, defend, win the ball, hit Kane, flick on for runner. 

It's alright for 10 minutes but for 30-45mins you're surrendering midfield to 3 Croatians. Then because Croatian need to take risks the full backs leave Lovren and Vida to defend. Now Alli and Lingard are screwed. They go wide to help on the flanks and Modric and Rakitic are free within dangerous range. They stay in, like they did and Young and Trippier are pinned back with 2 coming at them each. 

It was worth it for a short time but we ran Lingard and Alli out the game. 

Ah well, all the best to them. Two superb wingers, 1 excellent full back, a great midfielder and then there's Modric. What a first touch he shows. Sets everything up for him

Just now, GadFly said:

I wanted to win just as much as you did. Doesn't mean I'm going to pretend we're a great team and beat amazing opposition to get this far. The first time we've played half decent opposition (except Belgium, who, oh yeah, we lost against!) we lose... Quelle surprise! Hype all you want about beating Tunisia and Panama and Sweden, but deep down you know I'm right... This England team is no different to those before it. 

Yes it is and you know it...... totally different...... and only going to get much much better 

6 minutes ago, GadFly said:

100%

this guy gets it. If you don't agree you're deluded and biased as duck tbh. 

You might be right a bit because the set pieces have covered over the cracks but the football is progressive which is a positive. You might say that England played easy teams but what about our so called ending of our golden generation in 2010 as we struggled against Algeria, USA and slovenia. At least we dominate smaller teams now unlike in the past.

England can be proud of their efforts. Reaching a semi-final is a great achievement for us considering our ability is closer to Denmark's than it is France/Brazil/Belgium etc.

We've got a great group of players. Modest, hardworking players. Maguire has become a favourite of mine.

We just came unstuck at the first sight of a decent team. That's not the first time it has happened, and it won't be the last either. 

Just now, McLovin said:

You might be right a bit because the set pieces have covered over the cracks but the football is progressive which is a positive. You might say that England played easy teams but what about our so called ending of our golden generation in 2010 as we struggled against Algeria, USA and slovenia. At least we dominate smaller teams now unlike in the past.

That is one positive I agree with McLovin. Well said. 

13 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Good job football came home like 2 weeks ago according to the Internet eh lads. 

According to the commentator "this team will return home as national treasures"... Because they beat Panama, Tunisia and Sweden, drew with Colombia and lost to Belgium and Croatia... Okay then ?

Same old England. Would have been out 2 rounds ago if we didn't get so lucky with the draw.

Created sod all tonight.

If you're honest with yourself, you know I'm right. 

If they're not that good then aren't Colombia and Sweden tough games?

Or are they miles better than those teams and then it makes no sense to slag them off

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Argh it was so daft to try and play on the counter. Everyone back, defend, win the ball, hit Kane, flick on for runner. 

It's alright for 10 minutes but for 30-45mins you're surrendering midfield to 3 Croatians. Then because Croatian need to take risks the full backs leave Lovren and Vida to defend. Now Alli and Lingard are screwed. They go wide to help on the flanks and Modric and Rakitic are free within dangerous range. They stay in, like they did and Young and Trippier are pinned back with 2 coming at them each. 

It was worth it for a short time but we ran Lingard and Alli out the game. 

Ah well, all the best to them. Two superb wingers, 1 excellent full back, a great midfielder and then there's Modric. What a first touch he shows. Sets everything up for him

Modric is brilliant. I really think he should win the balon dor this year as he won the champions league with Real Madrid too. The Real Madrid fans are starting to put him in the same breath as Zidane(the best midfielder I’ve ever seen) That just says everything.

Archived