Do we really need so many different topics?

Chester40

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always a problem...but at the moment there are two topics of conversation..

Rowett.. backstabbing, pathetic manager..  or not 

New manager ..who do u want...

Lots of overlap...confusing hell out of me which thread to follow!!!

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

?? oh the irony 

But there is there is

Rowett gone is the only one that matters. Deep joy! 

TobyWanKenobi

I don't like threads that goon too long in this forum. Due to the layout it can be difficult to follow when threads splinter off into different discussions. We need more of a conversation thread system like reddit for example to follow it easier.

What suits one, doesn't suit another. There isn't a "perfect" one size fits all solution which is why it's great to have different communities. Forums, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, they all offer a platform to share views in their own unique way and each have their pros and cons.

If we tried to copy reddit which isn't even possible with this software, it would upset those that have been around traditional layout forums for years and eliminate what is one of the most popular choices for this layout.

This community has moved into one that prefers mega threads as do many forums if you look around. I was on the Chelsea forum yesterday and they had a single topic for English football, Italian football, German football dating back to over 10 years..... 

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 09.35.30.png

Not my cuppa tea personally! I even tried to change the transfer rumour board into where new topics were made with the latest news, using the title as the headline but I was in the 1%. I've managed to break them down into seasons at least without much kick back. 

True story, the live game thread is my biggest pet hate on here. You may have noticed I created a separate Champions League Final thread. 

To keep the majority happy we do "try" and keep similar topics together in one, sometimes by time a moderator comes across it has gone off in a totally different direction so left.

Also it doesn't matter what layout you go with, once it becomes fairly busy conversations go everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

I miss the chatbox (known as matchday chat here)

and the sausage filter

They pulled the software for the matchday chat and no longer support it. Used their servers to run on so it’s no longer an option.

Sausage filter didn’t go down too well with everyone, I did think about using common auto corrects like duck and ducking as *** everywhere looks pants. 

Need a profanity filter in place to stay advertiser friendly, no ads no forum.

Archived