Top 6 was a decent season

Curtains

12 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Are you telling me the fact we managed to stay in the play offs when we went on that horrible winless run wasn't due to other teams not taking their chance. In a more competitive championship we would have crashed out.

Give me strength mate

Teams win and lose games mate... it's the championship??

the championship is often by many described as one of the "most competitive" around cos anyone can beat anyone 

Doesn't it say how competitive it was that a team who were comfortably second got hauled back by teams going on similarly impressive winning streaks 

every year this old pony is trotted out "it's not a strong as last year"

but by the same token more and more money comes down as teams littered with parachute money come in and try to buy there way back 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finishing in the top 6 was a decent finish, in so far as it was where I expected to finish this season. However, the football has been dire much of the time and I think if we had kept Mac we would have finished in the top 6 too. The difference though is that we would have played better football and utilised players already here better. I still can't believe that Mel decided to back giving Martin a new contract one month and then sack the manager who wanted him the next month!

Last season there was no way (IMO) we could stick with Pearson and once he left we were playing 'catch up'. That is why we didn't challenge meaningfully for the Play-Offs. This season we have had consistency in management of the team and maybe seen some of the rewards of this. Derby is the team that I support and always will do, however I think it is sad that I am hoping there will be improvement next year rather than expecting it. 

Archived