Quick Nod To Fozzy

Comrade 86

15 hours ago, superzak said:

Its unfair to compare him to hinton as Gladys was the best ,most consistant crosser of a football this club has ever had

No arguing with that.

He was at Pride Park a few days ago, maybe he gave Fozzy a few tips while he was here!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, superzak said:

Its unfair to compare him to hinton as Gladys was the best ,most consistant crosser of a football this club has ever had

Not sure I've seen many better crossers of a ball than Hinton anywhere tbh. Metronomic and he could put the ball anywhere. 

On 12/05/2018 at 17:56, 86 points said:

Yes tha lad's struggled since injury but i guess like many who suffer serious and multiple injuries, he's just taken a while to find his form and confidence again. He's been subject to some pretty harsh commentary on this forum, perhaps understandably, so I really hope this is not a false dawn and he can kick on again from a fantastic performance last night. Perhaps he's no longer feeling any pain too, who knows?

All of this notwithstanding, he was bloomin excellent yesterday. That cross to CamJam was a thing of beauty and a firm reminder that yes, once upon a time, Fozzy was very capable player and it looks like he just might be back. Whatever league we're in next year, we're going to have a good few players in the form of their lives. Just need George mended and firing again now.

COYR

I think Forsyth is in the same boat as a few players this season (most notably Johnson), who have probably been so bad at times fans would have paid them off just to get them out of the team, but I think we choose/need to see it as water under the bridge now we look a different outfit.  Credit to them for their resilience. 

Of course regardless of thoughts throughout the season, we are all now backing the manager and whatever team he selects 100% due to what in essence are a series of 6 (hopefully) cup finals and that must help them.

8 minutes ago, Rample said:

I think Forsyth is in the same boat as a few players this season (most notably Johnson), who have probably been so bad at times fans would have paid them off just to get them out of the team, but I think we choose/need to see it as water under the bridge now we look a different outfit.  Credit to them for their resilience. 

Of course regardless of thoughts throughout the season, we are all now backing the manager and whatever team he selects 100% due to what in essence are a series of 6 (hopefully) cup finals and that must help them.

Spot on Rample. It's been really heartening reading a good few posts on the forum the last few days, the essence of which being that even if we don't make it, Gary and the lads have turned it around and given folk some end of season cheer. It was so depressing reading folk writing off not only this season, but also next year during the darker days, it really was. I'm a world ranked happy-clapper and even I was on the floor at one point so I'm delighted with the way we've put up recently and still more than hopeful that the journey won't be ending just yet.

COYR

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Not sure I've seen many better crossers of a ball than Hinton anywhere tbh. Metronomic and he could put the ball anywhere. 

Speaking of whom. Here's one I took earlier!

From the Popside 47 years ago.

(No white boots, please note!)

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

image.jpeg

Great pic. Someone popped up a post with two vids, us beating the Gooners and Benfica by a combined 8-0. I think about 6 of the goals were from precision Hinton crosses with the likes of Davies, McFarland and Hector getting on the end of them. He had his own way of kicking the ball but boy were his crosses on the money. We could do with someone who could strike a dead ball like him now tbh!

55 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Great pic. Someone popped up a post with two vids, us beating the Gooners and Benfica by a combined 8-0. I think about 6 of the goals were from precision Hinton crosses with the likes of Davies, McFarland and Hector getting on the end of them. He had his own way of kicking the ball but boy were his crosses on the money. We could do with someone who could strike a dead ball like him now tbh!

Too true! I tweeted Hinton (and he replied!) and then reminded him of THAT corner at Bramall Lane which me and Mozza were at. Memories!?

On 14/05/2018 at 17:36, steve brummie said:

image.jpeg

That is actually a really rare photograph - Gladys has got mud on his sock!

Archived