Parking on match days

Derbyram1

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I currently pay to park at Toys R Us each year as we travel up from Leicester each week, with them closing down can anyone suggest somewhere else nearby?

Happy to pay for parking, just wondered if any of you Derby locals could help.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I currently pay to park at Toys R Us each year as we travel up from Leicester each week, with them closing down can anyone suggest somewhere else nearby?

Happy to pay for parking, just wondered if any of you Derby locals could help.

Thanks in advance.

I daresay, as its an external company that looks after the car park, your original arrangement may still stand.

That said, there's a few side streets on Ascot Drive, or the industrial estate for a 5ver a time.

Sith Happens

I have paid for the season with them and will continue to park there unless told otherwise.

Could do with find an alternative for next season though.

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

You're meant to pay at Toys R Us?:whistle:

Since the fireplace place closed I have noticed the car park in toys r us is much busier so it has crossed my mind people are parking there and not paying.

Assume you do and have had no issues?

39 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Since the fireplace place closed I have noticed the car park in toys r us is much busier so it has crossed my mind people are parking there and not paying.

Assume you do and have had no issues?

I paid for the season so will continue to park there for the remaining home games, I believe the cameras spot how long you have parked there and not Toys R Us themselves.

I guess whoever takes over the building might offer a similar parking service.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

I paid for the season so will continue to park there for the remaining home games, I believe the cameras spot how long you have parked there and not Toys R Us themselves.

I guess whoever takes over the building might offer a similar parking service.

hope so

Coming in from Leicester park at navigation pub come up the a50 at j24 of the m1. It’s 3 quid and you get straight out after the game. Bout a 5 min walk. Pubs ok for a pint too, although it does get away fans in so busy when away following is large 

We have a parking permit for Toys RUs so will finish the season off unless they block it off. But I suppose will have to find alternative next season. It’s a shame as the car park is outside the closed off zone so it’s quick to get away. 

12 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Coming in from Leicester park at navigation pub come up the a50 at j24 of the m1. It’s 3 quid and you get straight out after the game. Bout a 5 min walk. Pubs ok for a pint too, although it does get away fans in so busy when away following is large 

Oh ok, thought that pub was miles away but must be thinking of a different one.

1 hour ago, Derbyram1 said:

Oh ok, thought that pub was miles away but must be thinking of a different one.

No 5 mins at a good walk 10 if you have a couple of beers. I come in from Loughborough area. I’m home in 30 mins tops and I never leave early to miss the traffic. Straight in car and straight out. It’s taken me 30 mins at least to get on the A52 if I’ve parked the other side 

Archived