Come on boys let's go back to 2nd place

kyle mccabe

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since coming on here and reading about all these fake news and conspiracy theories, i'm beginning to wonder whether the 1971-72 league championship was faked; whether or not we really beat Benfica; whether the Frannie Lee - Norman Hunter fight was staged in a warehouse somewhere; whether we are actually even playing Leeds tonight.

i'll turn up out of curiosity, but i won't be surprised if its all just another big hoax.

Whatever the current plight of either team, Derby County V Leeds Utd has that authentic air of a darn proper game of football...switch on the floodlights...{cue Hugh Johns,} ....McFarland...through to Gemmill...and Hectorrrrr! {at high pitch)  ohhh..1-nothing Derby County...":mellow:

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Since coming on here and reading about all these fake news and conspiracy theories, i'm beginning to wonder whether the 1971-72 league championship was faked; whether or not we really beat Benfica; whether the Frannie Lee - Norman Hunter fight was staged in a warehouse somewhere; whether we are actually even playing Leeds tonight.

i'll turn up out of curiosity, but i won't be surprised if its all just another big hoax.

Nah the footage looks to genuine to me, couldn’t have got that many actors rounded up at that time surely :lol:

Mind remember speaking to cry baby Hunter a few years ago at sportsman’s dinner, he does seem to have a different version of events. Cheekily susggested my old man reckoned the brown stains on his shorts when he came off the pitch were not mud - fair play he had a laugh about it.

Derby v Leeds always seems a proper game to me, the passion rarely fails to come out.

Archived