Why Derby play the way they do

FindernRam

It is said that all players want to play for their national team. To do that you have to show that you fit the style of play.

So it came to me why Derby play like that: England play veeerrry slooow with lots of sideways passes, no movement off the ball, pointless possession, few shots on or off target. No excitement.

No wonder we play like that if our players are emulating the "best". It is up to us now to help by making the paper airplanes for the next home game to create that international atmosphere!:)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realise the opening post is a bit tongue in cheek but we don't play anything like England do. 

Although England is boring to watch the players are comfortable on the ball and keep possession, something that probably only 2 or 3 of our players can do.

Added to that, how many of our players seriously aspire to play for England? Wisdom? Struggling to think of anyone beyond that.

Not sure how I managed to get sacked in by this post ?

Sith Happens
37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Realise the opening post is a bit tongue in cheek but we don't play anything like England do. 

Although England is boring to watch the players are comfortable on the ball and keep possession, something that probably only 2 or 3 of our players can do.

Added to that, how many of our players seriously aspire to play for England? Wisdom? Struggling to think of anyone beyond that.

Not sure how I managed to get sacked in by this post ?

If and a big IF George Thorne can stay fit and play for us or someone else in the PL, he could maybe challenge for a squad place.

Archived