Scuba Diving

Bridgford Ram

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought about it a few years back but then went snorkelling in the Maldives. I didn't notice I was close to a puffer fish until it inflated itself next to my head. I nearly shat myself & then realised scuba diving probably wasn't the best idea, as I'd panic like a little girl & die if I ever got into trouble in deeper water.

Scuba Diving is great, but expensive.

IMO, there's not much point getting anything more than your Open Water Qualification - you can see nearly everything of interest above 18m. 

Places I'd recommend going - Sardinia, Croatia, Menorca, Red Sea, Cuba and Mauritious (if you can afford the last three.)

I love doing it, but it's been a couple of years since I've had the opportunity to do some - I haven't been abroad in a while and my body can't stand the cold waters of the UK.

If you're thinking of diving much in the UK, I'd definitely recommend investing in a dry suit. It makes such a difference - can stay in the water for so much longer.

I did padi to open water advanced level on Tioman Island in Malaysia - incredible place - highly recommended if you ever get the chance to go there. Diving on that reef is easily one of the best things I ever did in my life.

Archived