Linekers salary

PistoldPete2

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

They aren’t selling anything. Christ alive!

Who pays their wages? You want to make it so that the people who pay public sector wages earn less than the people in the public sector? How the hell does that work?

I'm not saying I want to make it like anything. I'm just dismantling the idea of us living in a well-functioning meritocracy.

If they aren't selling anything, then they are of no worth to society, may as well get rid of them then?

So are you defending it because you truly believe that I'm wrong and it's perfectly well functioning, and the fact that it leads to ever increasing inequality is of no consequence, or are you just defending it because you think I'm suggesting some sort of communist utopia instead and you're been triggered? :p

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I'm not saying I want to make it like anything. I'm just dismantling the idea of us living in a well-functioning meritocracy.

If they aren't selling anything, then they are of no worth to society, may as well get rid of them then?

So are you defending it because you truly believe that I'm wrong and it's perfectly well functioning, and the fact that it leads to ever increasing inequality is of no consequence, or are you just defending it because you think I'm suggesting some sort of communist utopia instead and you're been triggered? :p

You make me feel like Jordan Peterson.

erjrk0.jpg

33 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

They aren’t selling anything. Christ alive!

Their time, their labour, their expertise, their experience. 

Hedge fund managers and bankers aren’t selling anything, they’re just leeching value out of the system. Are they rewarded on merit?

6 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Their time, their labour, their expertise, their experience. 

Hedge fund managers and bankers aren’t selling anything, they’re just leeching value out of the system. Are they rewarded on merit?

Explains the obvious that public sector workers necessarily make less than the private sector, now I’m expected to stand in defence  of corrupt bankers. I’m just going to carry on with the Jordan Peterson/Cathy Newman memes.

156328w.jpg

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Well if it amuses you - it's certainly easier than admitting you have no valid argument

Hi Stive. That person in the memes. No, not the crazy feminist who had no argument, the guy on the left.

That's Gordon if you didn't know!!!!!! :lol: :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Explains the obvious that public sector workers necessarily make less than the private sector, now I’m expected to stand in defence  of corrupt bankers.

No one was expecting you to stand in their defence. Lambchop was pointing out the flaw in your argument in defence of meritocracy that public sector gets paid less because it's not a market and they aren't selling goods, yet some of the highest paid in the private sector are also not selling anything. I don't expect anyone to defend the indefensible

If everything is ultimately a market then the social contract fails, and that's really why the extremes of left and right politics are making so much headway

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

yet some of the highest paid in the private sector are also not selling anything.

They're selling their services and expertise. If they weren't worth what they were being paid, they wouldn't get paid it. Pretty simple economics there.

Hi Norman. I’ve just watched it.

Firstly, the ‘crazy feminist’ didn’t say any of the things qoted in the above memes, nor did she make any ideological position statements, she followed a line of questioning which exposed the inconsistencies and absurdities in what Peterson was saying.

3 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Firstly, the ‘crazy feminist’ didn’t say any of the things qoted in the above memes, nor did she make any ideological position statements, she followed a line of questioning which exposed the inconsistencies and absurdities in what Peterson was saying.

Wrong video. That's not a seminar. And no, she really did not. Plus, the crazy feminist remark was just tat for Stives tit.

13 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

No one was expecting you to stand in their defence. Lambchop was pointing out the flaw in your argument in defence of meritocracy that public sector gets paid less because it's not a market and they aren't selling goods, yet some of the highest paid in the private sector are also not selling anything. I don't expect anyone to defend the indefensible

If everything is ultimately a market then the social contract fails, and that's really why the extremes of left and right politics are making so much headway

Ah so it was whataboutery? I thought Lambchop didn’t care for that?

Our society has some flaws. Therefore we should question if public sector workers should earn more than the private sector. Makes total sense.

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Wrong video. That's not a seminar. And no, she really did not. Plus, the crazy feminist remark was just tat for Stives tit.

So, in order to appreciate his arguments I need to watch a video without a woman taking them apart? That was half an hour of my life I’ll never get back then. 

Anyway, I think we’d better leave Stive’s tit out of it. Men’s tits have no value in the marketplace. 

9 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Well yes, that’s how memes work.

I can’t see how you can have  watched the full 30 minute  video rather than the edited one and come to that conclusion. There was zero journalistic integrity in that interview. She should be embarassed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/putting-monsterpaint-onjordan-peterson/550859/

4 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I can’t see how you can have  watched the full 30 minute  video rather than the edited one and come to that conclusion. There was zero journalistic integrity in that interview. She should be embarassed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/putting-monsterpaint-onjordan-peterson/550859/

I've watched the interview you are talking about in full, she was hopelessly exposed. I think even she realised at one point she was way out of her depth. She came into it clearly assuming that Peterson was just a misogynist who was a bit of a loony.  

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I did watch the full thirty minutes and I disagree that she was simply restating his arguments in a rhetorical fashion to make them seem offensive and absurd. She did a good job of exposing the inherent contradictions and flaws in what he was saying. 

Just now, Lambchop said:

I did watch the full thirty minutes and I disagree that she was simply restating his arguments in a rhetorical fashion to make them seem offensive and absurd. She did a good job of exposing the inherent contradictions and flaws in what he was saying. 

You are in a dark place.

6 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

So, in order to appreciate his arguments I need to watch a video without a woman taking them apart? That was half an hour of my life I’ll never get back then. 

Anyway, I think we’d better leave Stive’s tit out of it. Men’s tits have no value in the marketplace. 

I would go as far to say that it isn't an argument. It is a lecture.

Archived