Player Valuations

Day

Lowe I think is tricky as he's relatively inexperienced but for the potential there and fact he is home grown I'd say a guarantee of £5m plus add ons up to £15m. So much based on appearances, some on winning an international cap (combined to an extra £3-4m), and a hefty sell on/new contract clause of up to 50% of profit.

If Sesegnon is worth £15m, then Lowe should be automatically £5-7.5m rising to that.If England's current full backs have an rrp of around £40m then it could be assumed in 4 or 5 years with inflation Lowe could be a £50m player. So no cheap sales.

15% on Hughes probably equates to £1.5m in he moves for £20m, or £3m on £30m and that's pants. We should be looking at £2.5m and £6m respectively.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Lowe I think is tricky as he's relatively inexperienced but for the potential there and fact he is home grown I'd say a guarantee of £5m plus add ons up to £15m. So much based on appearances, some on winning an international cap (combined to an extra £3-4m), and a hefty sell on/new contract clause of up to 50% of profit.

If Sesegnon is worth £15m, then Lowe should be automatically £5-7.5m rising to that.If England's current full backs have an rrp of around £40m then it could be assumed in 4 or 5 years with inflation Lowe could be a £50m player. So no cheap sales.

15% on Hughes probably equates to £1.5m in he moves for £20m, or £3m on £30m and that's pants. We should be looking at £2.5m and £6m respectively.

Sessegnon is 3 years younger and has played more games which explains his over-hyped fee.

Premier League clubs are fools with their money anyway. Lazy scouting. Sessegnon could be exactly the same player, but playing for the U21s due to lack of first team injuries, and if you wanted to sign him you could probably get him for under £1m.

If I was a Premier League club looking to invest in young talent, I'd end interest the moment they made their first-team debut. Their value triples the moment the fourth official lets them step past the touchline.

It's irrational.

15 mill is a lot to ask for a central midfielder who doesnt score goals.

Attacking players with pace always go for more.

I think the hughes valuation of 8 mill is about right. maybe at 18 he might have been worth that with the potential to improve, but he hasnt progressed, infact last season showed when asked to play a slightly different role, then he isnt actually as good as we had hoped he would become.

19 hours ago, David said:

So this doesn’t become a Will Hughes topic as there are plenty already, my question to you all would be what valuation would you put on Max Lowe and explain how you arrived at that figure. You can have addons if you like, let us know how you arrived at those numbers as well.

Tricky as it depends who he'd go to - Also he's just turned 20 which suddenly reduces his potential value

£5m - If a top 6 PL club decided he was a decent one for the future - Probably not going to happen now as he's turned 20

£2m - If a bottom end PL club who has someone at the club who's previously been at Derby (Clement?) and fancied him as one for the future

Other than that I can't see anyone being able to sign him - Can't imagine at this point he'd want to leave for a bottom end Championship team permanently - And would probably be going to a top end side as backup so same as he is for us - The lad is from Derbyshire so the idea of moving already probably not high on his priority list

And I can't imagine us taking a small offer for him - As what's the point?

Archived