PPI claims

Philmycock

This may have been debated on here before, I could use a finance forum and ask there, bug they all seem up their own bottoms and would just tell me to do it myself, but has anyone on here claimed and got anything? Recommend a decent company to do the leg work, I know I could do it myself but I simply can't be bothered.

I haven't got any paperwork so just want to give someone my name and my old addresses and let them search, they're welcome to 30%, can any fellow Rams help?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it yourself. Don't be taken in by companies who'd send the same generic template you do. There's dedicated PPI addresses at each bank to send them too. You don't need paperwork, they'll find you. I got 13,500 back without using the charlatans 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Do it yourself. Don't be taken in by companies who'd send the same generic template you do. There's dedicated PPI addresses at each bank to send them too. You don't need paperwork, they'll find you. I got 13,500 back without using the charlatans 

Would you do it for me, you can have 20% ;-)

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Would you do it for me, you can have 20% ;-)

No go to the citizens advice bureau site and download the template and complete details and then send to bank, you don't need these vultures to do the same thing and pay a percentage.

Just now, philmycock said:

Cheers, but what if I just can't remember all credit cards, banks, loans etc that I've had in the past, hence letting a third party do the donkey work??

Think you still need to point them in the right direction don't you? Could be wrong 

Just now, philmycock said:

Cheers, but what if I just can't remember all credit cards, banks, loans etc that I've had in the past, hence letting a third party do the donkey work??

Doesn't matter, they would have details on file, just give basics and they will find out, they have money set aside.

Just now, David said:

Think you still need to point them in the right direction don't you? Could be wrong 

Yeah, I think you're right, I just wondered if anyone knew of a company that I can just give a third party my name and all my past addresses and let them go find, if this service exists??! 

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Yeah, I think you're right, I just wondered if anyone knew of a company that I can just give a third party my name and all my past addresses and let them go find, if this service exists??! 

Yeah your bloody bank, they won't lie, honest.

38 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I feel told off! You claimed owt?

No I didn't tell you off, I did yes...

The bank has the money which they can't use, the FSA (FCA) ordered they set aside funds to pay for the scandal so they will not refuse your claim if you paid for it.

PistoldPete2
10 hours ago, philmycock said:

This may have been debated on here before, I could use a finance forum and ask there, bug they all seem up their own bottoms and would just tell me to do it myself, but has anyone on here claimed and got anything? Recommend a decent company to do the leg work, I know I could do it myself but I simply can't be bothered.

I haven't got any paperwork so just want to give someone my name and my old addresses and let them search, they're welcome to 30%, can any fellow Rams help?

Complain to the bank and if they turn you down go to the financial ombudsman service.(FOS) Provided your complaint is simple FOS should be able to deal with it. 

yeah - definitely do it yourself. These PPI companies are getting rich off making it sound like it's difficult

I made a claim or some PPI I got sold back in 2004 but it got rejected because they said I had left it too long according to the rules. I questioned how I could have claimed it within the time window when the ruling that said that mis-sold PPI could be reclaimed didn't get made until after the time window had already closed for my PPI!

I appealed to the Ombudsman but they rejected it too. Sucks, but I wasn't expecting the money back anyway and it cost me nothing to claim

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I made a claim or some PPI I got sold back in 2004

When did you stop paying it? The six years is only a guideline and comes into effect the date the ppi stopped.

I would have another go.

36 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

When did you stop paying it? The six years is only a guideline and comes into effect the date the ppi stopped.

I would have another go.

Just checked - it was mortgage repayment protection that I paid unwittingly from 1995 to 2006. And when I say unwittingly, I mean it was my first house and this was back when the banks mis-sold everything massively. They told m I needed it and I knew no better

Both the bank and the ombudsman agreed that the time window had expired, even though I pointed out that it was just a guideline. I don't think they accept a resubmission if you've claimed once and been rejected

Archived