Beach Soccer World Cup

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight it's (I think) the round of 16 or maybe the quarter final. Anyway,  tahiti are 1 up against Paraguay. 

The other evening it finished tahiti 8 Poland 4.

I've seen a red card as well. Which was a 2 minute sin bin,  which finished early if the short-handed team concedes. 

Now 2-0 tahiti who are a real force in this sport :)

Remember watching some beach football years ago and then I noticed Eric Cantona was playing :D

Shortly after his departure from Manchester United, Cantona became captain of the French national beach football team. Cantona has continued his interest in beach football games in southern Asia and at the Inaugural Kronenbourg Beach Soccer in 2002, in the city of Brighton. He managed the French team which won the inaugural FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup in 2005 in Rio de Janeiro. He also coached the 2006 FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup French national team, which finished in third place. In the 2007 World Cup Cantona was again successful, taking France to fourth place. The Cup was held in France for the first time in the 2008 World Cup; however, Cantona was unable to make the top four after losing to Italy in the quarter finals.

Played for England for 5 years and was fortunate enough to play against Cantona as a player, and as the French manager. Nice bloke. 

Is an awesome sport. So much fun to play, as the game never stops. No playing for a draw or holding out for a 1-0. It simply isn't possible, as there is on average a shot on goal every 30 seconds for the 36 minutes. 

19 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Played for England for 5 years and was fortunate enough to play against Cantona as a player, and as the French manager. Nice bloke. 

Is an awesome sport. So much fun to play, as the game never stops. No playing for a draw or holding out for a 1-0. It simply isn't possible, as there is on average a shot on goal every 30 seconds for the 36 minutes. 

And more than half of those are overhead kicks. 

Anyhow,  Brazil overwhelmed the gallant tahiti to win the final 6-0.

There was even a header from a corner and just to contradict myself, no goals from overhead kicks.....

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

And more than half of those are overhead kicks. 

Anyhow,  Brazil overwhelmed the gallant tahiti to win the final 6-0.

There was even a header from a corner and just to contradict myself, no goals from overhead kicks.....

I played Brazil in South Africa, and got beat 10-4. I felt **** until I realised Brazil hadn't lost a Beach Soccer match for 11 years at that point. They are a different league. 

16 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I played Brazil in South Africa, and got beat 10-4. I felt **** until I realised Brazil hadn't lost a Beach Soccer match for 11 years at that point. They are a different league. 

Taller, fitter, faster than anyone else - the only team that could actually dribble at speed over the sand. They're apparently coming back after a few indifferent years.

fair play to you for playing the sport - looks bloomin gruelling trying to run through that soft sand - imagine it would be a slightly different game down on Bournemouth beach at low tide in November when the sand is rock hard:)

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Taller, fitter, faster than anyone else - the only team that could actually dribble at speed over the sand. They're apparently coming back after a few indifferent years.

fair play to you for playing the sport - looks bloomin gruelling trying to run through that soft sand - imagine it would be a slightly different game down on Bournemouth beach at low tide in November when the sand is rock hard:)

Hard slog mate. Broken toes and metatarsals are common place. As much as they try and clear all the stones, they never get them all. 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Conceded 10! Who did you have in defence, Keogh?

Archived