Best XI This Season

G STAR RAM

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Topram said:

Must be awful having to put Russell in the best XI this season, shows how bad we've been. ( bad season for him) not bad player.

Even though Russell has had a poor season by his standards, he has been better than everyone else who we've put in the squad trying to replace him.

Besides, I think he said a couple of weeks ago that he's had personal problems throughout the year that haven't been made public.  

If you think about it, that makes it even worse that no one has displaced him. A winger who this season has been better as a defender and has had personal problems off the pitch and no one has been able to get in the side ahead of him. The likes of Camara and Anya should have a look at themselves.

I look forward to a resurgent Russell next season now that his partner in crime (Martin) is coming back, Rowett will have a pre-season to get his ideas across and hopefully any personal problems will have been sorted out.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Even though Russell has had a poor season by his standards, he has been better than everyone else who we've put in the squad trying to replace him.

Besides, I think he said a couple of weeks ago that he's had personal problems throughout the year that haven't been made public.  

If you think about it, that makes it even worse that no one has displaced him. A winger who this season has been better as a defender and has had personal problems off the pitch and no one has been able to get in the side ahead of him. The likes of Camara and Anya should have a look at themselves.

I look forward to a resurgent Russell next season now that his partner in crime (Martin) is coming back, Rowett will have a pre-season to get his ideas across and hopefully any personal problems will have been sorted out.

I just don't think anyone else has had a proper chance, yes they might have a few games in total but in fairness not a run long enough to see full potential, Russell has been better the last few games, he seems to turn up when a new manager comes in or when the transfer market is coming up so we keep him, he's been a great servant but must be replaced it's a must!

19 minutes ago, Topram said:

I just don't think anyone else has had a proper chance, yes they might have a few games in total but in fairness not a run long enough to see full potential, Russell has been better the last few games, he seems to turn up when a new manager comes in or when the transfer market is coming up so we keep him, he's been a great servant but must be replaced it's a must!

That's the nature of football. If you don't hit the ground running, if there are options that have proven capable in the past, you'll have a hard time staying in the starting line-up. Simple fact is that if Camara and Anya had impressed they would've started ahead of Russell this season. They didn't.

I would keep him. There's always room for a man with his attitude in the squad. Plus I'd be hard pressed to find a winger better at helping out his full-back than him. 

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

That's the nature of football. If you don't hit the ground running, if there are options that have proven capable in the past, you'll have a hard time staying in the starting line-up. Simple fact is that if Camara and Anya had impressed they would've started ahead of Russell this season. They didn't.

I would keep him. There's always room for a man with his attitude in the squad. Plus I'd be hard pressed to find a winger better at helping out his full-back than him. 

One of the best at this level in his position, as are most of our players. 

He seems a proper GR player too. 

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I would actually have him in the XI at left back ahead of Olsson!

Archived