Technology help

Wolfie

Thought it might be a good idea for a thread......

Anyway, can someone help me with playing music on my android tablet?.

I've got an iPhone and iPad mini but recently bought a cheap (but very good spec) android 10.6" tablet for the family to use for Skype, internet and to play music via the various bluetooth speakers in the house.

I copied all of my music onto it yesterday from the iTunes folder on my PC via simple copy & paste. I have some issues, though, when using the pre-installed android music app via android 6...

1. It hasn't brought across the artist names on the music. I have song & album titles only.

2. It will only play one song and then stop. Ask it to play a playlist & it plays the first song only.

Any ideas?. I wondered if I'd missed something in the act of copying the music or should I be using a different App?.

Ta muchly.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a list of other apps you can use, mostly freebie basic types with a paid-for better version:

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-music-player-apps-for-android-208990/

As for the artist naming issue - it may be that the ID3 tags (which hold song information) are of a different version than Android/the app can process, but that would usually end up with it reading no data whatsoever.

What format are the files? Are some of them songs ripped from CDs via iTunes? This can also affect if a media player can read files.

Easiest thing is try a different app.

Archived