The CM situation

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/02/2017 at 14:34, Simsy said:

Johnson is better at CM then DM

hes not

After a number of truly dire performances he hit rock botton and he rightly lost his place in our side as a CM until mac decided to use him as a holding midfielder where he had something of a renaisance.

he is no natural holding dmc like eustace or thorne but his pyhsical presence makes him an option there but truth be told he would be the first player i would ship out in the summer

he lacks mobility and the ability to pass the ball, theres better younger and cheaper out there and i dont think youll have to look too hard to find better than him

terrible terrible signing 

On 09/02/2017 at 14:30, cannable said:

No problem at all when everybody's fit;

Bryson/BJ Hughes/Butters

George/De Sart

The criticism of Butters last night was over the top to say the least. Gave the ball away less than BJ and JDS. It just so happens that they scored from this - absoloute coincidence. 

I disagree 

i love bryson and everything hes done for us but hand on heart i think his time may be up.

with a forward that can make the ball actually stick for longer 2 seconds u might see a better more productive player but then that wont be til next season and those 31 year old legs arnt going to be carrying him up and down that pitch like they used to.

bradley johnson is a completely smack bang average footballer and there dozens and dozens as good and better than him in this league and below, he can win the ball, if his legs can ever get him up with play but dont expect him to retain it or pass it on with any consistency to one of our players, his touch is also pretty shocking too for a player deemed to be a professional footballer.

butters, not sure what to say

basically imo he wants to play in a two,

basically he wants to get on the ball and shift it out wide.... then repeat.... then repeat and repeat again.

theres nothing wrong with that, nothing at all if your playing in a two, u want that continuity and it allows others like your wide men and full backs to get up the pitch but when hes asked to play higher up the pitch in a 3 where hes operating in closer quarters hes clearly far from comfortable.

he can hit a ball yes, but that doesnt make him a great attacking midfielder.

Despite being good at ball retension his actual execution of weighted passes higher up the field is dreadful and he lacks the physical presence and athletiscism to get around the pitch and contribute defensively

i do quite like him (at times) but im really not sure he suits macs preffered system very well at all.

thorne is a thing of beauty we know that, but when fit.... we're still waiting for lol

so in summary i actually think our midfield is an area that needs some serious attention asap as it is actually quite a big problem area 

26 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

hes not

After a number of truly dire performances he hit rock botton and he rightly lost his place in our side as a CM until mac decided to use him as a holding midfielder where he had something of a renaisance.

he is no natural holding dmc like eustace or thorne but his pyhsical presence makes him an option there but truth be told he would be the first player i would ship out in the summer

he lacks mobility and the ability to pass the ball, theres better younger and cheaper out there and i dont think youll have to look too hard to find better than him

terrible terrible signing 

Totally disagree.

He got 16 at Norwich playing there and our current 3 are not working.  We need goals and more from midfield so we can't afford to have him too deep. He drops way too deep as a dm.

How many has he scored for us?

that isnt even my biggest concern with him.

he geuinely cant pass the ball, his touch is indiffrent and he lacks mobility to cover ground or track back

but yer great he hit 16 goals for another side in their promotion season 2 seasons ago or whenever it was 

Hes a smack bang average player. 

Iv seen every home game, and seen nothing in him bar a guy we can stick infrotn of the back four to shield it, just dont ask him to pass it

anyhow, all im saying is mac clearly agrees judging by recent team selections.

Archived