Chilwell v max lowe

RamNut

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

3rd best behind Forsyth and Lowe in my opinion and I can't recall him having many good games, I actually think his last 2 games have been his best for Derby.

Decent going forward but defensively average at best. Stands off his man way too much and the amount of crosses that come into the box from his side is way too high.

Lowe has the potential to be better than Olsson s current ability im not doubting that but after 5 senior appearances how can you possibly say that he's better ? When Olsson first came here he was formidable on that left hand side , offered us something we had not seen in a full back for a long time . Forsyth is a good honest full back and to be honest it's probably a bit of out of sight out of mind I just feel Olsson offers more overall quality.

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Lowe has the potential to be better than Olsson s current ability im not doubting that but after 5 senior appearances how can you possibly say that he's better ? When Olsson first came here he was formidable on that left hand side , offered us something we had not seen in a full back for a long time . Forsyth is a good honest full back and to be honest it's probably a bit of out of sight out of mind I just feel Olsson offers more overall quality.

As stated elsewhere I have been on the ale, but...

from the little I've seen Max Lowe, he reminds me of Ashley Cole (and Ashley Cole in his prime as a footballer rather than the foolish and arrogant persona that he gives off).  I agree it is hell of a way for him to go, but he is sprinkled with stardust.

Olsson has great delivery in the final third which is over and beyond Forsyth.  However Forsyth is far superior as a defender in both cutting off supply and aerially.  He also carries a greater goal threat with his feet and his head.

So horses for courses with all three having strengths (athleticism v attacking intent v defending)

8 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

As stated elsewhere I have been on the ale, but...

from the little I've seen Max Lowe, he reminds me of Ashley Cole (and Ashley Cole in his prime as a footballer rather than the foolish and arrogant persona that he gives off).  I agree it is hell of a way for him to go, but he is sprinkled with stardust.

Olsson has great delivery in the final third which is over and beyond Forsyth.  However Forsyth is far superior as a defender in both cutting off supply and aerially.  He also carries a greater goal threat with his feet and his head.

So horses for courses with all three having strengths (athleticism v attacking intent v defending)

Not a too ludacris statement to say you've been on the ale. 

Lowe is a great talent with loads of potential but I don't for the life of me understand why Olsson gets so much stick on this forum. He gives us a good outlet down the left, overlaps well with the winger and really isn't that bad defensively. Not sure what so many people have got against him. Good player in my opinion.

9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yes I did actually think that about Lowe after I had written my post.

For me the most important quality of your full back is stopping the winger from getting the ball in the box and that is an area where Olsson is severely lacking.

He is also very weak aerially and that is something that is often exposed.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes I did actually think that about Lowe after I had written my post.

For me the most important quality of your full back is stopping the winger from getting the ball in the box and that is an area where Olsson is severely lacking.

He is also very weak aerially and that is something that is often exposed.

There all fairness comments you make but for me in this system is believe the attacking qualities of a full back are slightly more pivotal than there defensive duties . Not saying they don't need to be able to defend but we rely on there attacking intent for the overall width of our play. I think this got exposed in the recent Leeds away game.

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

There all fairness comments you make but for me in this system is believe the attacking qualities of a full back are slightly more pivotal than there defensive duties . Not saying they don't need to be able to defend but we rely on there attacking intent for the overall width of our play. I think this got exposed in the recent Leeds away game.

Yes agree with that and guess its even more important on the left hand side when Baird is playing on the right 

Think people are getting carried away with Lowe, he is a good prospect for sure. But the fact that people say they'd play him over Forsyth shows me their hearts are ruling their heads. Forsyth is a proven top LB in this division and a big game player, he was absolute key in us knocking Brighton out of the playoffs.

Lowe is good and I hope he progresses but he is so left footed it might restrict him, he turns his whole body rather than control things with his right. While he's young and agile this may be fine but he won't mature well with that. Also he seems to be a bit injury prone? Not getting carried away or romanticising Lowe being the local lad that did good, Forsyth is still our main man. Best LB in the division over last few seasons, rarely ever beat.

As for Chilwell he was effective but unspectacular, just a solid all rounder. You don't notice him but his stats on computer analysis are probably top notch.

Archived