The chant "What's it like to see a crowd ?"

Ramz64

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, eddie said:

It's a bit pointless chanting it to people who, by every definition, are pretty good fans because they have gone to the trouble of attending.

The people you should be chanting it at are those who Bris reckons are the real fans - i.e. the hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers.

Good post. Retweeted this.:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I personally cringe each time I hear the collymore song.

I enjoyed singing the one in the 90s when he was actually a forest player and he had aspirations of more england appearenced. Hated him bck then.

The current one.... is not only vile singing about somone breaking their leg, its pathetic given that he stopped playing years ago, and is more of a broadcaster now who doesnt annoy me what so ever. I never sing this song, and never will, really childish probably sang by fans who werent old enough to go watch us when the incident actually happened.

I agree and boo while this is being sung.

9 hours ago, cannable said:

The leg break probably wouldn't even get a mention but for his reaction to Dean Yeats suffering the same fate at Pride Park a few years prior, to be fair.

dont remember this? what did he do?

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

dont remember this? what did he do?

Seem to remember him and Dwight Yorke showing no remorse after Yorke had just made a pretty much career ending tackle on Dean Yates.

Yorke never got the abuse he deserved for such an horrific challenge on such a great player.

Tragedy that Dean Yates never played for England.

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seem to remember him and Dwight Yorke showing no remorse after Yorke had just made a pretty much career ending tackle on Dean Yates.

Yorke never got the abuse he deserved for such an horrific challenge on such a great player.

Tragedy that Dean Yates never played for England.

Must admit i dont remember it, but reading the write ups seems like Yorke could have been sent off for that tackle, but also for carrying on and blasting the ball wide when flagged offside. He also scored the winner. The write ups do seem to suggest it was a bad tackle.

If we had got a point out that game we would have been in europe.

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't dislike the Collymore song because it's nasty. Just dislike it because he's irrelevant and it happened about 14 years ago. Collymore himself probably loves that 14 years later he's still having his name chanted

Meh It's mean spirited dude. And it's a pretty boring chant. We can do better.

The Yorke tackle on Yates was horrific. Yorke went in with both feet off of the ground to try and block a clearance that Yates was making, totally mis-timed it and took Dean out at knee level. It was one of those fouls that you new was going to end badly as soon as it happened.  Whilst Yates lay prostrate on the ground Yorke just stood there with that annoying toothy grin he always seemed to have whilst showing no visible remorse whatsoever. It should have been a straight red but I'm not sure if the ref even booked Yorke.

7 minutes ago, NG2Ram said:

The Yorke tackle on Yates was horrific. Yorke went in with both feet off of the ground to try and block a clearance that Yates was making, totally mis-timed it and took Dean out at knee level. It was one of those fouls that you new was going to end badly as soon as it happened.  Whilst Yates lay prostrate on the ground Yorke just stood there with that annoying toothy grin he always seemed to have whilst showing no visible remorse whatsoever. It should have been a straight red but I'm not sure if the ref even booked Yorke.

Yorke and Collymore then grinned, winked then high-fived each other much to the disgust of the locals.

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

I think it's a great chant when aimed at mardy, gobshite bluenose brummies who are calling out our support.

I don't ! 

To me it seems tinpot. . 

Just reeks of self congratulation ect ... which anyway ALWAYS comes back to bite you on the ass in football as we ALL know.. . 

Some cool replies and I guess as ever it's all down to how you see things in your own perspective .. 

Our world's are not comparable but when the red Mancs take the faff out of themselves re their  support ect .. well that's kinda where I'm coming from in my perspective. 

But do agree with posters that it does depend on who the chant is aimed at. 

The Yorke tackle was diabolical! The crudest challenge I think I've ever seen and the dirty get didn't even get booked...ended Yates career and to rub salt in he grabbed a late winner that ended our proud unbeaten record at Pride Park (in February..).

I remember Collymore gloating at the end as well.

Archived