Which footballer retiring made you feel old?

Day

Not so much players retiring but players making their debut at like 16/17 years old. A few years ago I was their age and when players like Will and Mason made their debuts it still gave me hope that it wasn't too late for me to make it.

Nowadays I'll roll out of bed, hungover on a Saturday in time to see players like Dele Alli etc on the early kick off and think 'F*ck me he's the same age as me - he's playing for England and I'm eating reheated takeaway from the night before'.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, loughboroughRAM said:

Not so much players retiring but players making their debut at like 16/17 years old. A few years ago I was their age and when players like Will and Mason made their debuts it still gave me hope that it wasn't too late for me to make it.

Nowadays I'll roll out of bed, hungover on a Saturday in time to see players like Dele Alli etc on the early kick off and think 'F*ck me he's the same age as me - he's playing for England and I'm eating reheated takeaway from the night before'.

Yes , but who's happiest ?

13 hours ago, rynny said:

The one for me is when Rooney retires, he is 2 months older than me so that is when it will hit home that I am too old to be playing football and messing around.

I can assure you, you're never to old mess around. Unfortunately.

Archived