Activity trackers

Wolfie

Anyone use one?.

I use a Garmin Vivofit 2 and must admit it does help me be more active. I have quite a sedentary desk job and it encourages me to get out & about at lunchtime etc - especially on days when I don't go to the gym.

It's not working properly (failing to sync with ios App) and is just outside of the warranty period. Garmin customer support have been really useless as well.

My reasons for buying this model were mainly that it's waterproof, so I can leave it on and forget about it in the shower etc. Plus it's got a lithium battery which has lasted the year - I didn't want yet another thing to have to remember to charge - and then remember to put it back on my wrist again.

Trouble is, I can't find another make of device which has these 2 benefits for me, unless anyone knows of one?.

Mrs Wolfie has a Fitbit, which is really good and they even replaced it free of charge (when it was out of warranty) when the strap broke. They all seem to be noether waterproof or lithium powered though.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the vivofit, for similar reasons and suffered similar issues.

Mine also either vastly under-reported, or over-reported my steps. I had bought the HR monitor too - there was a deal where if you bought both it was £1 more than without. That said I was going about 110 seated(!) and pushing nearly 200 after a run. Having sat counting, I'm on about 75-80 seated.

I know I'm not the peak of physical fitness, but I'm not that unfit!

Missus bought a Fitbit, convinced me to get one to compete with her for steps. Within an hour it was boxed up and ready to return.

The "step" counter also counts every wrist move, kinda daft and utterly pointless.

BUT anything that motivates any kind of movement is a good thing I guess right?

I have an Apple Watch now, that has an activity app which not only counts steps more accurate but distance covered and heart rate tracking.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Missus bought a Fitbit, convinced me to get one to compete with her for steps. Within an hour it was boxed up and ready to return.

The "step" counter also counts every wrist move, kinda daft and utterly pointless.

Achieve your step target......and give yourself a little treat. What's not to like ;)

BUT anything that motivates any kind of movement is a good thing I guess right?

Well exactly. I'm not bothered if it's 10% or so out - If it means I do 5000 more steps per day than I used to.

I have an Apple Watch now, that has an activity app which not only counts steps more accurate but distance covered and heart rate tracking.

Yeah but it's £300 odd isn't it - and you have to charge it every day. No thanks.

Archived