Integrated dishwasher

Day

We're getting a dishwasher for Xmas, how exciting. 

All the pipework is setup for one, plug there, dishwasher switch on the wall, that's all perfect.

Looking at getting an integrated one, measured it all up, it's perfect size. 60cm x 87cm x 55cm.

The problem is the kitchen cupboard. 

Took all the screws out today and it won't budge at all, solid like Jake Buxton in there. Guessing it's glued in. 

Reading online people are saying you need to cut the wood out, seriously? The bottom would cut but what about the side pieces of the cupboard? Can't leave those in as no dishwasher would fit.

Must be an easier way to remove the thing that one of you magicians know about?

Also would this effect the counter top at all? Can't see anything that's holding it up other than sat on the cupboard.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my experience Kitchen fitters use screws and cordless power tools with total abandon.

is it attached to the work top ? Is it attached to its brother sand sisters ? Has it been screwed to the wall. If there is something to screw it in to they will have found it ! The other thing is that they put "trim" on things and then under the "trim" you might find yet another screw !

keep looking and good luck 

I'll get some pics up later, doesn't appear to be attached to the worktop unless they have glued the top of each side.

There's a thin strip of wood at the front top, 2 screws in that, after taken out that wouldn't budge either. 

Removed all screws on sides but they are only hindges on one side and one of those stopper things the other. Doesn't look like it's attached to the wall either as there's an inch or two gap with trim on the front. 

The lack of screws tells me there's a serious amount of glue involved which is bad, very bad. Brand new kitchen, house is only 4 years old, rock solid ?

As above be careful there are integrated and semi integrated, the difference is with integrated you only see what looks like a cupboard door and the washer is hidden completely.

Semi integrated is were the controls [the same area as a draw at the top] is visible and then a bottom cupboard door is used as a trim over the door of the washer.

Don't bugger it up by removing too much unless you know which sort you have.

1 minute ago, David said:

Yeah, it's fully integrated hidden behind the cupboard door, same as the fridge freezer, cheapo from ao.com

http://ao.com/product/dw603-beko-standard-dishwasher-stainless-steel-28297-23.aspx

Will sit on the floor behind the kick board which means the bottom has to come out. 

Can't understand why the developers set it all up for one then do this

Yes both types sit on the floor behind the plinth on adjustable legs ,it should be 600mm wide and sit in the same space as the old cupboard width. I would be surprised if its glued that would be a bodge , hopefully hidden screws .Good luck.

one thing is for sure , it won't be glued. There will be a fixing behind the top back rail through a bracket in each corner. Have you looked for fixings thru the sink unit side ? also they may have put fixings behind the hinges into the fillet ( right hand side ) you say you have removed the two screws that go into the worktop , have you removed the plinth?

Just now, mozza said:

one thing is for sure , it won't be glued. There will be a fixing behind the top back rail through a bracket in each corner. Have you looked for fixings thru the sink unit side ? also they may have put fixings behind the hinges into the fillet ( right hand side ) you say you have removed the two screws that go into the worktop , have you removed the plinth?

What he said.

3 minutes ago, David said:

The plinth won't move, pulling won't budge it, tapped with a hammer still nothing, that's what makes me think it's glued. 

Theres nothing coming through from the other side either, I'll go look again at the back

Glued my arse, it's on clips.

is there a gap above the plinth but below the cabinat?

Archived