The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Muskination said:

Or you perhaps with regard to the rhetorical aspect.

If you'd like a debate on what constitutes irony and what doesn't I'd be happy to... However this is not the place to bore everyone else with that debate...

Now we've got a result and have got a way of playing away that looks at least workable with, what do we think about the next home match?

So far we've only played Brighton in league. Started well but faded alarmingly. So this could be the lack of mental toughness we're hoping NP can address?

Will he stick with extra central midfield manpower?  Or will we see blackman come back wide right, possibly with camara wide left in a 4411 or similar?

He has definitely expressed the view that the more successful teams use 2 not 1 striker. Interesting.....

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Now we've got a result and have got a way of playing away that looks at least workable with, what do we think about the next home match?

I'm hoping to see Hughes and Martin starting... And players being used in positions they've shown they can play well... 

I do wonder if the first couple of games were his attempt to build a team around Ince? He obviously wants to play the number 10 role and can be effective there... I'm just not sure we many other players to build into the system...

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

He has definitely expressed the view that the more successful teams use 2 not 1 striker. Interesting.....

I think we had a problem with lack of support for Martin in the box last year... But for me that should be provided by the wide men tucking in and the midfield supporting... Bryson has always been pretty good at it when given a free reign... The playoff final season when he got all the goals he was in the box all the time...

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I do wonder if the first couple of games were his attempt to build a team around Ince? He obviously wants to play the number 10 role and can be effective there... I'm just not sure we many other players to build into the system...

Ince actually stated in a recent interview that he always sees himself as a winger! 

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think we had a problem with lack of support for Martin in the box last year... But for me that should be provided by the wide men tucking in and the midfield supporting... Bryson has always been pretty good at it when given a free reign... The playoff final season when he got all the goals he was in the box all the time...

Good points. 

Bryson running late into box working off a single striker reminds me of how my chelski mate explained lampards successes. When Chelsea played 2 up lampard kept making the same runs bur into traffic and was less effective. 

I still wonder if 352 could work better for us at home. 

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

Ince actually stated in a recent interview that he always sees himself as a winger! 

So Pearson's playing Ince out of position too? :huh:

I tend to agree to be honest... I actually like that he comes in off the wing... Same with Russell and Weimann... It means the defenders don't know who should pick them up... The full back can't go with them as they need to cover... I think it's why our full-backs have so much joy there too...

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Good points. 

Bryson running late into box working off a single striker reminds me of how my chelski mate explained lampards successes. When Chelsea played 2 up lampard kept making the same runs bur into traffic and was less effective. 

I still wonder if 352 could work better for us at home. 

It's why I like having that DM cover in there... In Smacca's 2nd season Bryson was quoted as saying he was being asked to hold position in midfield more... And obviously last season he was mostly crocked...

You lose out on his main attribute of being the extra man in attack when you drop him into a 2 man midfield as he seems to hold tight to the middle of the park then...

On 15/08/2016 at 10:25, cheron85 said:

I nearly cried when we appointed Pearson... He's a dreadful manager who advocates dreadful football... He was perfectly suited to Leicester who have a history of 'efficient' football (kick people and then run away with the ball)... But we DON'T... We are NOT Leeds...

Cheron, you are quite clearly someone who doesn't have a clue about Pearson or about Leicester. If you think we were playing like that when we got promoted or the season before that under him you're deluded. With players like Knockaert, Mahrez, Drinkwater... all proper footballers. As for kicking people, we always had one of the best discipline records under him so that's nonsense. And we managed to play your wonderful passing team off the park and muller you pretty much every game.

It might not be pass, pass, pass, pass, pass again (yawn, yawn, yawn), but it was quick passing attacking and exciting football, with a fair amount of flair thrown in.

His track record is patchy at best... Dreadful at Southampton... Not good enough at Hull... Took 3 years to get promoted with a Leicester squad who were considered one of the strongest in the league each time... Then scraped survival with a team which went on to win the Premier League...

Dreadful at Saints? What coming in for a few games and keeping up a relegation threatened team. Yeah... awful.

Not good enough at Hull? A project he'd only just started amid massive cuts in budget, then leaving to come back before he'd ever really started.

If you think the squad he inherited from Sven was good then you're more deluded than I first thought. Take a look through that list of players he had and see where they all went on to, then look at all the players he brought in to replace them (for less money) and see what they've all gone on to.

Consistently proven to be amongst the least professional managers out there... Attacking play

Consistently being one season and a couple of incidents blown out of all proportion by the media. Let me check up that definition of consistently.

He's not perfect, I went over all of this before. But if you aren't going to give the guy two years you might as well get rid now. He's a team builder, not a master tactician. You can't build a team in one transfer window with no money to spend. If your chairman wasn't aware of the fact he's want to rebuild most of the squad then he's a fool.

On 15/08/2016 at 14:31, Saturn5 said:

Ok so i have never liked Pearson and didn't want him anywhere near my club

he plays ugly kick and rush pub team football akin to Mick Mcarthey at Ipswich

players like Hughes and Butterfield will stuggle to command a 1st team place as they are not as Physical and workman like which is needed under NP 

Martin has no Pace and is ineffective if we are getting the ball long into the channels at every opportunity

Christie isn't the best defensive Fullback and neither is Fozzy or olson to a lesser degree

This is why you are seeing the above on the bench or being rummoured to be replaced

Pearson Requires the following Big physical Centre halves (Morgan & Huth), Defenders foremost at Fullback

Workers and blockers in Midfield 

Quick Outlets upfront and on the wing ( Vardy, Schulp)

Another one who doesn't have a clue. The football we played under him was for me a better style than that of Ranieri, who has made us much more of a counter attacking team. Sitting back for huge periods now, but we were far more open under Pearson.

Defensive full backs WRONG... he played De Laet and Schlupp there who are both attacking full backs.

Quick wingers... he does like a quick winger in the squad... but then we also played with Mahrez and Knockaert neither of whom are quick, but are exceptional footballers.

Workers and blockers in midfield... yeah who wants people in midfield who work hard and put the effort in to win the ball back. If you think that's the sort of player Drinkwater is you have no idea, the boy can play. But he'll get his foot in when he has to.

14 minutes ago, babylon said:

Cheron, you are quite clearly someone who doesn't have a clue about Pearson or about Leicester. If you think we were playing like that when we got promoted or the season before that under him you're deluded. With players like Knockaert, Mahrez, Drinkwater... all proper footballers. As for kicking people, we always had one of the best discipline records under him so that's nonsense. And we managed to play your wonderful passing team off the park and muller you pretty much every game.

It might not be pass, pass, pass, pass, pass again (yawn, yawn, yawn), but it was quick passing attacking and exciting football, with a fair amount of flair thrown in.

Dreadful at Saints? What coming in for a few games and keeping up a relegation threatened team. Yeah... awful.

Not good enough at Hull? A project he'd only just started amid massive cuts in budget, then leaving to come back before he'd ever really started.

If you think the squad he inherited from Sven was good then you're more deluded than I first thought. Take a look through that list of players he had and see where they all went on to, then look at all the players he brought in to replace them (for less money) and see what they've all gone on to.

Consistently being one season and a couple of incidents blown out of all proportion by the media. Let me check up that definition of consistently.

He's not perfect, I went over all of this before. But if you aren't going to give the guy two years you might as well get rid now. He's a team builder, not a master tactician. You can't build a team in one transfer window with no money to spend. If your chairman wasn't aware of the fact he's want to rebuild most of the squad then he's a fool.

That 4-1 most of us Rams looked on in anger ?? as our in form free flowing side couldn't get a foothold and got torn apart with fast direct to feet passing. We didn't have a sniff in that game and only back into for short while because of an own goal.

i still cringe at our lads falling on their a*** leading to your 4th.. With time Pearson will sort us out

17 minutes ago, babylon said:

The discussion has moved on... But to clarify what we've said over and over:

We don't need a team builder... We have a team... We don't need that... What we need is someone who can come in and take an already talented squad to the next level... Like what McClaren did for us after Nigel Clough...

Every Leicester fan comes on here and says "give him time" and "he'll build you a squad"... That was what YOU may have needed... We don't thanks...

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The discussion has moved on... But to clarify what we've said over and over:

We don't need a team builder... We have a team... We don't need that... What we need is someone who can come in and take an already talented squad to the next level... Like what McClaren did for us after Nigel Clough...

Every Leicester fan comes on here and says "give him time" and "he'll build you a squad"... That was what YOU may have needed... We don't thanks...

You've bottled it every single year., ever considered your squad isn't all that?

You thought that these wonderful passers you THINK you have, might have other weaknesses in their game meaning you will forever capitulate and are never capable of being consistent?

Outside looking in you always looked weak mentally and weak on the field when it really mattered.

Archived