Anyone go to games on the train?

Tony Le Mesmer

Anyone go to games on the train on the Chesterfield line and if so is it boisterous full of footy fans or quiet and no probs at all? Just wondering as i'm thinking of taking the little 'un to a game via train but she gets a bit intimidated and anxious often and just wondered if it would be viable as she loves travelling on trains. Cheers all.:thumbsup:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Anyone go to games on the train on the Chesterfield line and if so is it boisterous full of footy fans or quiet and no probs at all? Just wondering as i'm thinking of taking the little 'un to a game via train but she gets a bit intimidated and anxious often and just wondered if it would be viable as she loves travelling on trains. Cheers all.:thumbsup:

The station can get a bit boisterous depending on who we are playing, but like Dav says, if you can go for some food etc and wait a bit you should be ok.

what about the bus?

where you coming from? There's a direct bus from chesterfield to Derby

7 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I have been on the train a few times from chesterfield. Obviously the trains run at regular intervals. There is always the odd Derby fan on the train but it depends who we are playing regarding away fans. If you want to avoid boisterous full of footy fans then probably avoid the Leeds game via the train. 

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I have been on the train a few times from chesterfield. Obviously the trains run at regular intervals. There is always the odd Derby fan on the train but it depends who we are playing regarding away fans. If you want to avoid boisterous full of footy fans then probably avoid the Leeds game via the train. 

I did a leeds game on the train, just wentvearly and grabbed lunch in Derby befire the game.

Thanks all for the replies. Yeah I might give it a go when we're playing a southern team like Brentford / Bristol City etc to 'minimise the risk' as it were. Took my kid to the iPro on the train from Chesterfield to have a look around a few months back when I was considering getting season tickets and she loved the whole day of going on the train, the fact that the ground was only a short walk away (7 year olds are lazy beggars I kid you not!) and to suddenly see the ground open up in front of your eyes when you turn the corner on the roundabout was impressive.

Besides, I wouldn't go anywhere on public transport if there are likely to be Leeds fans in the area, I think that is fairly self explanatory.

20 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

I've found that taking children under 10 to football, on rowdy trains, past scary pubs and through nasty looking groups gives them a lot of confidence. 

They should be going on their own by the age of 10.

#generationsoft

Archived