We are the only team in the championship not to sign someone

Woodley Ram

I highly doubt Pearson would've taken the role if he hadn't  a penny to play with.

Whenever quizzed of transfers, his answers the same regarding it having to be of a better quality than we already have here. Which is why I can't see it being a A) freebie B) some kid from Leicester or C) an unknown from the lower leagues.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Squad for the play-offs wasn't good enough. Squad this season is exactly same + our rivals have strengthened. Squad is therefore comparably worse than last year since other teams have gone past us. We have to spend just to keep up. 

True because as players a lot of them underachieved last season but if those individuals improved by 50 % say they would make a considerable contribution in addition to the rest, the likes of Blackman Johnson and Weiman plus a fit Hughes and Bryson of course.

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm pretty sure we'll make 1-2 signings this summer, perhaps even a couple next week, but I do like that Pearson has done the groundwork on the players he had at his disposal. 

It's all about maximising what you have available. I think we all know that 90% of the squad were poor to their previously set standards last season, due to whatever reason, and if Pearson can rectify that then we will be laughing. For me, it's more to do with consistency than it is quality. I do agree we're a little short at centre back, and the cover at right back is far from ideal, and perhaps another winger would be nice if we're to play the 4-4-1-1 formation. I don't think, however, that it will make or break our season.

I'd look to bring in a winger as the main priority. I'd then look at bringing in a centre back. I'd then look at bringing in a right back - perhaps one who can cover a number of positions if possible. 

I also don't know what funds we have to work with - it could well be that the pot is completely empty. 

Cracking post Ambitious, I agree, I think we will bring someone in, suprised we have not. Agree if Pearson is having a good look at what he has and that is what he has said then that is a good thing. I still think we need a striker , tall and fast, sort of Drogba on speed

13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm pretty sure we'll make 1-2 signings this summer, perhaps even a couple next week, but I do like that Pearson has done the groundwork on the players he had at his disposal. 

It's all about maximising what you have available. I think we all know that 90% of the squad were poor to their previously set standards last season, due to whatever reason, and if Pearson can rectify that then we will be laughing. For me, it's more to do with consistency than it is quality. I do agree we're a little short at centre back, and the cover at right back is far from ideal, and perhaps another winger would be nice if we're to play the 4-4-1-1 formation. I don't think, however, that it will make or break our season.

I'd look to bring in a winger as the main priority. I'd then look at bringing in a centre back. I'd then look at bringing in a right back - perhaps one who can cover a number of positions if possible. 

I also don't know what funds we have to work with - it could well be that the pot is completely empty. 

We already have two of those.. Baird and Hanson.

Otherwise agree completely. Although I don't think the pot is empty. 

Archived