Derbyshire by bus (or train)

Derbydave96

Hi all,

Got some time to myself over the next couple of weeks and hope to explore the best that Derbyshire (and Derby) have to offer with a few friends, however don't have access to a car so will have to do it all by bus or train.

Does anyone know of any top places to visit or things to see which i could reasonably access without a car? I'm staying in Derby, so will begin all travelling from there.

I love being outdoors, good music, good beer, being active and am also quite into sort of alternative maybe hippie pursuits (yup... I'm just that cool :D)

Any tips or recommendations from some of the more worldly wise members on here would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy the summer and UTR!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derbydave96 said:

Hi all,

Got some time to myself over the next couple of weeks and hope to explore the best that Derbyshire (and Derby) have to offer with a few friends, however don't have access to a car so will have to do it all by bus or train.

Does anyone know of any top places to visit or things to see which i could reasonably access without a car? I'm staying in Derby, so will begin all travelling from there.

I love being outdoors, good music, good beer, being active and am also quite into sort of alternative maybe hippie pursuits (yup... I'm just that cool :D)

Any tips or recommendations from some of the more worldly wise members on here would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy the summer and UTR!

I'd say get yourself a Peak Plus Extra ticket (or even a weekly ticket) for High Peak buses, and just take your time going around our fabulous county.

https://centrebus.sharepoint.com/Documents/Peak Plus Xtra Map.pdf

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Thinking as it will probably take a while to get up into the Peaks by bus, we may be best served camping somewhere for a night or two (if we can strip back the camping gear to the very basics to travel on bus)

1 hour ago, Derbydave96 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Thinking as it will probably take a while to get up into the Peaks by bus, we may be best served camping somewhere for a night or two (if we can strip back the camping gear to the very basics to travel on bus)

From Derby you can catch the transpeak bus that is drops at key towns or the train. It doesn't take too long to get to the peaks, especially if you go early as the schools are closed.

Archived