DET

Srg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Every time I click on a DET link in Twitter on my android phone my browser initially goes to the webpage then seems to get hijacked by something that says I've got a virus and needs to get an antivirus. It is very dodgy looking. Made to look like a Google alert but it clearly isn't. It also happens when I just go to the website. I am unable to stop it unless I go back to home and close the app completely. Does anybody else have the same issue? 

Doesn't happen on any other page I look at.

Having to resort to these kinds of things is a sad state of affairs for the DET. That and all of the pointless articles regurgitating the same information repeatedly. I respect the journalists there but not what the paper has to do to stay alive...

I feel bad for them, because I highly doubt Steve Nicholson wants to be endlessly tweeting *****.

But Trinity Mirror bought them last year, and since then it's been alleged that journalists have been told that they're for the sack if they can't deliver online content (and they don't give two ***** if it's false, a rubbish listicle or just rehashed) that delivers a certain amount of views. It's all tracked, and they know what each journo is worth in these terms.

The Editor of DET went earlier in the year.

Nicholson probably just wants to keep his job until something better happens or things start to improve, amidst a summer that's probably been like stepping on a plug for him - no signings or even decent rumours to report.

That said, the DET website was horrendous on my Android phone and it drove me to switch on my adblocker... So they're losing out on views.

Archived