Academy partnership in Africa

davenportram

http://africanfootball.com//news/628123/English-club-Derby-County-float-academy-in-Delta-State

not sure what it means but here's the story.

English Championship club Derby County are set to float a football academy in Delta State to help harness the football talents in the state and beyond, AfricanFootball.com can report.

Ex-international and CEO Elite U16 league in Delta, Sam Sodje informed AfricanFootball.com that the meetings he and Delta State sports commissioner Tony Okowa and special adviser to the Governor on sports development Steve Cole held with English teams on partnership were positive.

"We have got all the partnership deal for the Elite U16 league sorted out and I am glad about this,” he told AfricanFootball.com

"The partnership deal is meanly on the Elite League U16, but Derby County FC in particular have agreed to help float the state’s academy."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can gather, we have struck up a partnership to assist an Academy in Nigeria, one of the real powerhouses of African football.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Looking for the next George Weah's cousin ala Southampton

Taribo West's cousin, more like. George Weah is Liberian.

That's Liberian, @AmericanRam, not Librarian.

13 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Be prepared for Mel's millions to disappear. Apparently, Mr Abolouda of Nairobi has inherited 50 squillion gold coins but needs an English account to credit then into. It would be a privileged honour to gain control of his esteemed account details!

Apparently the Academy has produced 419 footballers.

10 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

I didn't think we could sign players from Africa until they were 18? Where do they go after leaving the u16s?

It could be one of those things where we can sign them but not play them, so they'd find a loan agreement somewhere else in Europe or Africa til they're ready?

Archived