Step by step posting skills for dummies. How to do list.

Rampage

Opportunity here to place some always available, SIMPLE step by step sequences for reference to do simple tasks for posting. Some posters cannot do what may be simple to you. If this thread could be kept free from negative comments that would be ideal. Would anyone like to post the actual step by step guide for:-

1. HOW TO START A THREAD

2. HOW TO LOAD A PHOTO FROM YOUR COMPUTER

3. HOW TO LOAD A PHOTO FROM YOUR PHONE

4. HOW TO LOAD A MOVIE SEQUENCE FROM YOUR COMPUTER

5. HOW TO LOAD A MOVIE SEQUENCE FROM YOUR PHONE

6. HOW TO EDIT A PHOTO

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Top of each board click start new topic, you must have at least 30 posts before being able to create new topics.

2. If you are a member+ click to choose files in the editor, if you're not you need to upload to a image hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket, then paste the direct image link into the editor.

3. Same as 2

4. You can't, if you want to attach a video you will need to upload to YouTube and then paste the video link in the editor

5. Same as 4

6. That's really down to your own personal device, there is no image editing tools on this forum 

A) To quote click the quote link inside the post you wish to quote. If you change your mind and the quote box won't delete, click the last icon (blank page) on the tool bar to clear the editor

B) Multi quote click the plus icon inside each post you wish to quote, click the plus icon again if you change your mind.

C) See A

D) You could use the milk quote I guess?

Post pictures directly from your iphone , its dead easy.

Either save an image on your iphone from the internet (safari)

Or use an existing one, click on the "choose files" in the box below on either the pc or iphone and simply locate your pic and upload.

20 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Post pictures directly from your iphone , its dead easy.

Either save an image on your iphone from the internet (safari)

Or use an existing one, click on the "choose files" in the box below on either the pc or iphone and simply locate your pic and upload.

But you need to be a member+ to do this

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:10, David said:

1. Top of each board click start new topic, you must have at least 30 posts before being able to create new topics.

2. If you are a member+ click to choose files in the editor, if you're not you need to upload to a image hosting site like Imgur or Photobucket, then paste the direct image link into the editor.

3. Same as 2

4. You can't, if you want to attach a video you will need to upload to YouTube and then paste the video link in the editor

5. Same as 4

6. That's really down to your own personal device, there is no image editing tools on this forum 

Re no.2  for a non-member+. So I've copied my URL from Imgur. When you say 'in the editor', do you mean post the image link under the 'link' button in the toolbar or 'insert image from URL' under 'Insert other media'?  Neither work for me.

9 minutes ago, admira said:

Re no.2  for a non-member+. So I've copied my URL from Imgur. When you say 'in the editor', do you mean post the image link under the 'link' button in the toolbar or 'insert image from URL' under 'Insert other media'?  Neither work for me.

Neither, just paste the url in where you type, give it a second or two and the image will show

18 minutes ago, David said:

Neither, just paste the url in where you type, give it a second or two and the image will show

Which URL link from Imgur please? Image link, direct link, HMTL, BBCode or Linked BBCode?

6 minutes ago, admira said:

Sorted now (it's 'direct link'). Maybe worth adding that to the 'simple' guide!

Already did :) 

Basically any image link must end in either .jpeg .jpg .png or .gif

Archived