Euro 2016 - Panini Stickers

Looked but couldn't see a thread on this topic so thought I'd start one.

As the proud owner of a 14 year old son I was aghast when his grandfather gave him a Panini album last weekend with some starter stickers.

On closer inspection there are 670 stickers for a 24 team tournament! !!

Wtf?

That's more than for the world cup which is a 32 team tournament. 

At 50p a pop for 5 stickers a pop the full collection is going to cost a fair wedge. 

So far I've bought about 8 packets. And already have 5 swapsies so the cost goes up.

I've sussed that the driver of the bloated number of stickers is that each country,  as well as having its key squad members then has a further series of stickers depicting their starting 11.

Of course the worst thing in all of this is that although this was started as my son's collection,  it has awoken long dormant collecting urges in yours truly.

That's my summer boxed off.....anyone in similar straits? 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Looked but couldn't see a thread on this topic so thought I'd start one.

As the proud owner of a 14 year old son I was aghast when his grandfather gave him a Panini album last weekend with some starter stickers.

On closer inspection there are 670 stickers for a 24 team tournament! !!

Wtf?

That's more than for the world cup which is a 32 team tournament. 

At 50p a pop for 5 stickers a pop the full collection is going to cost a fair wedge. 

So far I've bought about 8 packets. And already have 5 swapsies so the cost goes up.

I've sussed that the driver of the bloated number of stickers is that each country,  as well as having its key squad members then has a further series of stickers depicting their starting 11.

Of course the worst thing in all of this is that although this was started as my son's collection,  it has awoken long dormant collecting urges in yours truly.

That's my summer boxed off.....anyone in similar straits? 

This is on page 3 of The Pub :lol:

I have done the online version with my lad, only need 1 more sticker, Jerome Boatang.

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

This is on page 3 of The Pub :lol:

I have done the online version with my lad, only need 1 more sticker, Jerome Boatang.

Fair dos. I started this more as a general grumpy old man rant rather than a swapsie forum - for which swapstick is admirable - but mods feel free to "lock and merge".

I bankrupt my Mum completing the Euro 88 sticker album back in the day.

You had a form in the back and you could choose your last 20 stickers to complete by mail order. I ended up making up names so I could order more.

$_1.JPG

Archived