Pace,movement,control and quality

Sparkle

We had all of that vs Hull which makes you wonder why we have not seen that all season but does show that we are very capable of beating anyone.

or were Hull just rubbish with half their team out of contract in the summer a manager who looks likely to join Villa no matter what happens to them and with an owner who wants to rename them for some stupid reason no one can understand. 

A special thank you to mr Bruce who put two central midfielders in there with a turning circle of two aircraft carriers! 

Anyway no excuses from now on for our lot we want to see that every week please

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We had all of that vs Hull which makes you wonder why we have not seen that all season but does show that we are very capable of beating anyone.

or were Hull just rubbish with half their team out of contract in the summer a manager who looks likely to join Villa no matter what happens to them and with an owner who wants to rename them for some stupid reason no one can understand. 

A special thank you to mr Bruce who put two central midfielders in there with a turning circle of two aircraft carriers! 

a) poor coaching trying to get us to play the slow tippy tappy build up or keep ball we are not good at

b) we played to our players strengths.

8 minutes ago, davenportram said:

a) poor coaching trying to get us to play the slow tippy tappy build up or keep ball we are not good at

b) we played to our players strengths.

A) poor coaching from a man who gave us our best first half of a season since 30/40s... And was still well in the automatics...

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

A) poor coaching from a man who gave us our best first half of a season since 30/40s... And was still well in the automatics...

poor coaching in that he got a team to play in a way that didn't suit its strengths. Made us prone to inviting pressure on to us. Results masked the true levels of performance until boxing day, and since then 5 wins in 17, four of them after his departure.

12 minutes ago, davenportram said:

poor coaching in that he got a team to play in a way that didn't suit its strengths. Made us prone to inviting pressure on to us. Results masked the true levels of performance until boxing day, and since then 5 wins in 17, four of them after his departure.

Not much complaining about "masked results" at the time.

Shame Mel didn't have the baubles of other chairmen in the top 6 when all them had blips... 

Why is Mel so right and them others so wrong when results weren't going Boro, Brighton, Burnley way? 

As stated before quite happy to be proved wrong and admit it if it turns out it was the right decision to get rid...

Also won't be shouting from the rooftops either if right.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Not much complaining about "masked results" at the time.

Shame Mel didn't have the baubles of other chairmen in the top 6 when all them had blips... 

Why is Mel so right and them others so wrong when results weren't going Boro, Brighton, Burnley way? 

As stated before quite happy to be proved wrong and admit it if it turns out it was the right decision to get rid...

Also won't be shouting from the rooftops either if right.

it wasn't a blip, our performance level never changed all season, I left the ground every week (bar wolves) saying we hadn't played well. We didn't put 90 minutes of good play together under Clement at all.

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

it wasn't a blip, our performance level never changed all season, I left the ground every week (bar wolves) saying we hadn't played well. We didn't put 90 minutes of good play together under Clement at all.

Second top goal scorers up to new year, 2nd tightest defence up to new year, best 1st half to a season since the earth was deemed flat...

He must have been doing something right...

Would you have been happier if we were getting beat week in week out but playing well sitting in 22nd? Of course you wouldn't, we would be calling for his head long ago...

We panicked....

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Second top goal scorers up to new year, 2nd tightest defence up to new year, best 1st half to a season since the earth was deemed flat...

He must have been doing something right...

Would you have been happier if we were getting beat week in week out but playing well sitting in 22nd? Of course you wouldn't, we would be calling for his head long ago...

We panicked....

I was happy with the results, but not happy with performances. It was only a matter of time for the results to catch up with us.

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I was happy with the results, but not happy with performances. It was only a matter of time for the results to catch up with us.

I was more than happy with results too, agreed we weren't at our full potential. 

But we were still well in for autos, and we panicked... 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I was more than happy with results too, agreed we weren't at our full potential. 

But we were still well in for autos, and we panicked... 

we were not well in for autos at all. We were dropping like a stone and the performances were poor. The difference between us and the other clubs you mention is their performance levels stayed high.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

we were not well in for autos at all. We were dropping like a stone and the performances were poor. The difference between us and the other clubs you mention is their performance levels stayed high.

We were 5 points off top with 16 games to play... So that's not true to say we were away from it....

How do you know their performance levels were high? Boro, Burnley and Brighton have all had the similar winless runs... Did their chairman think... Oh no we are not where we need to be? Nah, they backed their coach... 

I still firmly believe we would have recovered from our blip if Clem stayed... It's just a shame that we can't give people time anymore in general. I'm no fan of Wassall but have to support him until end of the season... Whether I agree with his methods or not. 

Again, would you have been happy if performances were great but we got beat most weeks and we were on bottom 3... Would you have called for Clements head?

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We were 5 points off top with 16 games to play... So that's not true to say we were away from it....

How do you know their performance levels were high? Boro, Burnley and Brighton have all had the similar winless runs... Did their chairman think... Oh no we are not where we need to be? Nah, they backed their coach... 

I still firmly believe we would have recovered from our blip if Clem stayed... It's just a shame that we can't give people time anymore in general. I'm no fan of Wassall but have to support him until end of the season... Whether I agree with his methods or not. 

Again, would you have been happy if performances were great but we got beat most weeks and we were on bottom 3... Would you have called for Clements head?

the last question is Purely hypothetical. Its true that fans in general cant separate performances from results, they're the ones that get surprised by results turning sour or suddenly getting better (like Leicester at the end of last season) football is judged on results, bit there is more to it than that.

48 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

For the first time this season I felt proud to be a ram, the 2nd goal even the media were drooling over it. We were triffic last night and all 4 goals were a pleasure to watch. 

UP THE RAMS!!!!!!

it reminded me of the goal against Yeovil.

Bradley Johnson played the pivotal pass, literally flicking it over a hull player and turning to run into the box.

32 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Ithe last question is Purely hypothetical. Its true that fans in general cant separate performances from results, they're the ones that get surprised by results turning sour or suddenly getting better (like Leicester at the end of last season) football is judged on results, bit there is more to it than that.

So you would be calling for his head then... Hypothetically? 

18 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Hulls downfall was the fact they never marked Keogh or Thorne. It was obvious we was going to get something from the game when they had freedom. Every team for a long time has marked them two and made it hard for us. 

Once they are marked again we will struggle just how it is.

By xmas teams had sussed how to beat us (sit deep). Our slow, slow, quickish, slow, slow build up meant we were foiled. Imo we would be mid table if he were still in charge.

I dont think we can put the first third of the season down as a fluke but if you look back it was 1 or 2 moments of magic allied to a solid defence that got us 3 pts week in week out. Once the wonder goals dried up we plummeted.

Archived