Leicester vs. Derby transfers

Thierry Ennui

35 minutes ago, eddie said:

latest?cb=20101009140746

Care to enlighten me then on how exactly does the head-coach-plus-chief-executive system operate? I thought I knew the difference between the manager vs. the head-coach-plus-chief-executive systems (well, at least I think I do after reading Pochettino's interview: http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/sport/tottenham-hotspur/spurs_boss_why_there_s_a_key_difference_between_a_head_coach_and_manager_1_3861711).

But have to admit that I am no longer quite sure after hearing what you breakfast attendees said. Based on what you guys reported, PC had full authority on transfer policy, including the selection of whoever he liked and the recruitment of whoever he asked for? He could be as "short-term" as he wanted and was able to convince the club to buy promotion, even though the DCFC allegedly operates based on the head-coach-plus-chief-executive model? So was PC a head coach, or was he actually a manager in disguise or something? Or perhaps DCFC is the "third way", that the Derby Way is the third way and is kind of a new innovation?

Please enlighten me, sir!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28 February 2016 at 10:21, Daveo said:

I get the comparisons with Leicester, you look at them 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League and where we are but you have to be fair here, look at the clubs below them, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool. Derby are not the only club to be shown how you can buy well.

Let's throw another comparison into the mix for balance, Hull City who drew 0-0 with Sheffield Wednesday on Friday, in the top 2 where Derby want to be, using the same Transfermarkt figures....

Total £40.66m

McGregor - £1.31m
Odubajo - £3.75m
Dawson - £3.30m
Davies - £1.99m
Robertson - £2.70m
Snodgrass - £5.63m
Livermore - £5.25m
Meyler - £1.35m
Clucas - £1.35m
Diame - £3.30m
Hernandez - £9m

Subs
Elmohamady - £1.73m
Powell - Loan
Akpom - Loan

Under rated post

On 2/28/2016 at 05:21, Daveo said:

I get the comparisons with Leicester, you look at them 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League and where we are but you have to be fair here, look at the clubs below them, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool. Derby are not the only club to be shown how you can buy well.

Let's throw another comparison into the mix for balance, Hull City who drew 0-0 with Sheffield Wednesday on Friday, in the top 2 where Derby want to be, using the same Transfermarkt figures....

Total £40.66m

McGregor - £1.31m
Odubajo - £3.75m
Dawson - £3.30m
Davies - £1.99m
Robertson - £2.70m
Snodgrass - £5.63m
Livermore - £5.25m
Meyler - £1.35m
Clucas - £1.35m
Diame - £3.30m
Hernandez - £9m

Subs
Elmohamady - £1.73m
Powell - Loan
Akpom - Loan

Carson '?' (this is rare on Transfermarkt) Let's say £500k

Christie £0.083m

Keogh £0.975m

Shackell £3.15m

Olsson £0.495m

Thorne £1.73m

Hendrick ACADEMY

Butterfield £4.13m

Johnson £6.08m

Martin FREE

Russell £0.659m

Subs:

Ince £5.03m

Weimann £2.85m

Blackman £2.55m

Total: £28.23m

Under rated post

Agree -- except that among the two line-ups, only two were signed post-2015 in Hull City's whereas eight were signed in DCFC's.

Guess they are all down to PC, given it was him who asked for all those players and it was him who wanted to buy promotion? As implied by many, PC was actually a manager-in-disguise rather than a head coach?

On 2/28/2016 at 05:21, Daveo said:
4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Clement asked for Blackman by name.

He's worked with him before

Yes, I am sure he did, but perhaps that's after he was being told that McCormack etc. was out of the question and after studying the list handed to him?

If I was PC and I did not really want any of those unknown player on the list ("oh, there's one named Camara... that's an interesting name") even after studying closely all the highlights and Youtube and stuffs, I would do my due diligence, call up my old pal at Reading, and see if I could get someone I (and my pal) know instead. 

I would still get the Camara character, though -- just for his cool name and just because the Management allows me to spend. When I might lose my job anytime soon but still the Management give me big bucks to spend, why wouldn't I?

Archived