First Wassall positive

archied

This thread is not about the Wassall right man or not debate rather about any positives seen

today I really liked the pure passion he showed at the result and I got the impression he will fight like fu;k for the club and the job and there was a real hint of the Pearson about his interview afterwards in terms of the delighted comments and creating a siege mentally around him and the players ,,,,,

fair play today Wassall

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did well in terms of substitutions and adjusting the things that weren't working. Eg he seemed to pull Johnson away from left wing when he took Hanson off. Couldn't quite tell if he changed the shape of the team or the personnel. 

I don't like the long balls to the wings. They aren't working. He needs to look at that. And if he can coach shackell to distribute at more pace then that can only help as well. 

Lots to work with but having the passionand enthusiasm that dw does is a great start. 

13 hours ago, archied said:

This thread is not about the Wassall right man or not debate rather about any positives seen

today I really liked the pure passion he showed at the result and I got the impression he will fight like fu;k for the club and the job and there was a real hint of the Pearson about his interview afterwards in terms of the delighted comments and creating a siege mentally around him and the players ,,,,,

fair play today Wassall

When was the last time we saw a reaction like that from a RAMS manager ?.

At the end of the match my mate said to me.

"Wassall REALLY LOVES this club".  I think he`s RIGHT .

Weds team

carson

christy.             Keough.              Shacks.       Olson

.            Hendrick.        Thorn/ Hanson.    Johnson

.           Blackman.       Martin.            Ince

attack attack atack , tell them get out there and rip them apart ,play with freedom,,, another positive from the wassel interview was the subtle comment about telling them if they miss one don't worry just keep going. The noises and the vibe from yesterday was a million miles from the sterile negative clement era with individuals in their own little bubble

19 minutes ago, archied said:

Weds team

carson

christy.             Keough.              Shacks.       Olson

.            Hendrick.        Thorn/ Hanson.    Johnson

.           Blackman.       Martin.            Ince

attack attack atack , tell them get out there and rip them apart ,play with freedom,,, another positive from the wassel interview was the subtle comment about telling them if they miss one don't worry just keep going. The noises and the vibe from yesterday was a million miles from the sterile negative clement era with individuals in their own little bubble

i think it will be

carson

christy.             Keogh.              Shacks.       Olson

.            Hendrick.        Thorn/ Hanson.    Butterfield/Bryson

.                        Ince       Martin.            Johnson

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

He did well in terms of substitutions and adjusting the things that weren't working. Eg he seemed to pull Johnson away from left wing when he took Hanson off. Couldn't quite tell if he changed the shape of the team or the personnel. 

I don't like the long balls to the wings. They aren't working. He needs to look at that. And if he can coach shackell to distribute at more pace then that can only help as well. 

Lots to work with but having the passionand enthusiasm that dw does is a great start. 

I know this thread isn't about tactics but I have to pick up on this.

irs a tactic we used in our great spells under Mac. We haven't been doing it at all this season so the players have to get used to it again. I would argue that it did work in one way. At the start of the second half Brentford were on our faces, a high line and pressing the ball (RD's description). Then we started playing the long passes to the wings and Brentford were forced to sit deep (again RD described them as sitting too deep) to protect in case we made a chance. I'm effect those long passes helped create space in our midfield. An element we have been missing.

36 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I know this thread isn't about tactics but I have to pick up on this.

irs a tactic we used in our great spells under Mac. We haven't been doing it at all this season so the players have to get used to it again. I would argue that it did work in one way. At the start of the second half Brentford were on our faces, a high line and pressing the ball (RD's description). Then we started playing the long passes to the wings and Brentford were forced to sit deep (again RD described them as sitting too deep) to protect in case we made a chance. I'm effect those long passes helped create space in our midfield. An element we have been missing.

We are talking slightly different things.

I was thinking particularly of the 3 or 4 occasions where after a bout of inter defender passing in the deep there was a long straight high pass down the line to nobody. No runners or derby players anywhere near. All that happened was one of their central defenders would amble across and collect.

Christie did one or two. Shackell also. 

The angled passes out to the wings where at least we had someone in the area was generally ok

To me, what I described comes under the heading of "hoofball". If DW can work with them to get improved passing angles and more movement from the front 3 to find space we would look much better imho. 

Archived