We are now on iTunes!

Day

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

What were these fitness machines that were taken  out  of the Gym  

If they were muscle building machines they don't have much place in football  

From memory, they were described as sort of multigym machines, which had a variety of uses.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

From memory, they were described as sort of multigym machines, which had a variety of uses.

Not having a go at Miles Addison here but he was never the same player after his injuries and having put on far too much bulk and muscle making him much less mobile on the pitch  

Multigym machines can put on too much muscle and bulk  which you don't need  as a footballer

Clement with his experience would know this.  

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Not having a go at Miles Addison here but he was never the same player after his injuries and having put on far too much bulk and muscle making him much less mobile on the pitch  

Multigym machines can put on too much muscle and bulk  which you don't need  as a footballer  

All about moderation.

Clearly Clement had different ideas, along with Karl Halabi. I'd argue, other than ACL injuries, we have been ok under Steve Haines by and large.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

How does Mel know know about footballer fitness  .

To be fair he never claimed to be, just said it had an immediate positive effect on the players when it all went in and how it's not just the fitness but helped with team bonding.

When you spend 2.5m on equipment you wouldn't expect players having to go to 3rd party gyms would you? 

I don't know much about gyms myself tho.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

All about moderation.

Clearly Clement had different ideas, along with Karl Halabi. I'd argue, other than ACL injuries, we have been ok under Steve Haines by and large.

I don't know the facts about this of course without seeing the machines. 

Will Hughes maybe needs a bit more bulk but Bradley Johnson wouldn't. 

I don't think Clement would just take the machines out for no reason. 

On Blackman he new him at Blackburn so he knew what he was getting. 

Olsson also Blackburn 

8 minutes ago, Daveo said:

To be fair he never claimed to be, just said it had an immediate positive effect on the players when it all went in and how it's not just the fitness but helped with team bonding.

When you spend 2.5m on equipment you wouldn't expect players having to go to 3rd party gyms would you? 

I don't know much about gyms myself tho.

Well I do to be honest. 

Cardio vascular and interval training and quick off the mark movement training is much more beneficial for a footballer than weight bearing training  for instance. 

Diet is also vital for footballers. 

Playing games for passing and move and shooting is more important. 

Leg strengh training is important as is upper body but not to become MR Universe. 

Ie too much muscle isn't any good for a footballer. 

Well I do to be honest. 

Cardio vascular and interval training and quick off the mark movement training is much more beneficial for a footballer than weight bearing training  for instance. 

Diet is also vital for footballers. 

Playing games for passing and move and shooting is more important. 

Regardless of all that, I think you're missing the point, players are going to 3rd party gyms - which is dangerous. That's the main problem.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Regardless of all that, I think you're missing the point, players are going to 3rd party gyms - which is dangerous. That's the main problem.

Ok fair enough but that's always happened mostly in there own time  

3rd party Gyms get you away from the club environment which can be overpowering at times .

Give the players a break from each other  

Ok fair enough but that's always happened mostly in there own time  

3rd party Gyms get you away from the club environment which can be overpowering at times .

Give the players a break from each other  

But think of it from a stand point of player safety and insurance, and the fact the staff can't monitor exactly what they're doing, which could lead to costly injuries and incorrect dietary requirements.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

But think of it from a stand point of player safety and insurance, and the fact the staff can't monitor exactly what they're doing, which could lead to costly injuries and incorrect dietary requirements.

Raynesway  .

i preferred that it never did Darryll Powell football genius any harm  

Listening to this now from my bed, stuck here for a month after having my kidney removed so having something like this is so much better than daytime TV

It's interesting to put voices to usernames.

Used Podbean on Android in the end, had loads of issues trying to get it on my iPod for some reason so gave up on that.

A good first effort so far but I'm only 15 minutes in and it's very long.

What's the plan on frequency/subject matter? Will it be the same people each time?

Archived