Our Spending and the downside

Eatonram

I may be way off here, but i am starting to feel that every team we play, the opposition raise their effort against us when compared to other teams. The last three games have felt like this, that their work rate goes up a gear. Is this because of our spending and possibly wage levels??

This should be no excuse and no one can blame a team for running their socks off but I doubt that Preston repeat that effort in every game.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

downside is you get players who think they are better than what they are , when I first started watching derby there was great team spirit and the guys looked as if they wanted to play for the club ,some maybe not good enough but they had the right attitude , that then just needed tweaking , but no lets go and spend millions and that will guarantee success? sorry it wont you need players who have the right attitude if your spending big , whoever is picking the players to be signed is doing a poor job

We have a good infrastructure on which to build a solid team .

Carson,Shacks ,Keogh .Johnson.Hughes,Thorne.

Surely a team /system can be built around these players ?Considering the quality of other players such as Bent,Ince,Wienmann,Buxton,Christie, Martin,Baird ect I cannot understand present results but more important the tactics presently used which are in my opinion the cause of poor performances.

We're not ******* **** though. We're just not as good on paper as a couple of others and not as good performance wise as (albeit many) more. 

Archived