Team improvement in the last 2 seasons...

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper Ince Bent Baird Butterfield Johnson Carson ,Wienmann

In reality Carson Shacks Bent are the only players brought in that have met mY expectations and performed consistently ,Wienmann not given enough opportunity or played correctly gets him slightly off the hook and I have the utmost respect for Bent being completely ignored and given just 5 mins here and their .All other additions to the squad in my opinion have not improved the quality like for like ,only given us a depth of squad .

15 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

You make a good point on the expectation level.

When McClaren took over we'd had years of steady mid-table mediocrity under Nigel and to be honest I'm not sure many of us were expecting much from Steve, especially bearing in mind his England and Forest experiences.  Coming within a hair's breadth of getting us promoted was way beyond what all but the most optimistic expected that season and we were a lot more patient because it was all such a refreshing surprise.

The atmosphere was better, but there was literally nothing to be impatient about. McClaren's team tore it up in this division for a year and a half and had one very bad run which culminated in them getting booed off the pitch in the final home game of the season and McClaren getting the sack. What were you saying about patience?

Warnock

Warnock      Warnock         Warnock       Warnock(C)

Warnock

Warnock          Warnock

Warnock                                              Warnock

Warnock

Bench: Warnock, Warnock, Warnock, Warnock, Warnock, Warnock, Warnock

This team's going to be how it is because of the assumption that the improvements will be based off of not just the individuals that started at Wembley but also our style of play from back then.

Carson

Wisdom

Keogh

Bucko

Fozzy

Thorne

Hughes

Bryson

Ince

Martin

Ward

Subs: Grant, Baird, Hendrick, Butterfield, Camara, Dawkins, Blackman (in the hope that he could do a job as a lone centre-forward in McClaren's system).

Archived