Scoring First This Season

TETRA

It does worry me somewhat that we haven't won one single game this season when the opposition has scored first. That's never help our confidence this season or lack of it seems at times. Over previous seasons we often went behind but we came back stronger.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TETRA said:

It does worry me somewhat that we haven't won one single game this season when the opposition has scored first. That's never help our confidence this season or lack of it seems at times. Over previous seasons we often went behind but we came back stronger.

The strength of character seems to have faded from our side this last few months. We need someone (a player) in the dressing room and on the pitch to take this side by the scruff of the neck and boss them. 

36 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The strength of character seems to have faded from our side this last few months. We need someone (a player) in the dressing room and on the pitch to take this side by the scruff of the neck and boss them. 

I think it goes back a lot further, Forest and Brum at home spring to mind from last year, so fragile. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

I think it goes back a lot further, Forest and Brum at home spring to mind from last year, so fragile. 

Argh, Forest at home! First time we witnessed a Derby team spring an attack without the ball. 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I'm not sure it's purely strength of character, it's as much a tactical issue IMO.  We seem to set up to defend at all costs and try and nick a goal to win it.  If we go behind, we have to completely change the game-plan, and this is something that Clement really seems to struggle with - I can't think of a single game this season where we've made a tactical change in a game that's actually made a positive difference.

Yes when we score first we are very capable of holding on to the lead, but from what I have witnessed the players don't seem to be allowed to gamble when we are behind which was so obvious in some games this season with the game at forest a huge example to me when we went behind early and never tried to actively get back into the game.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm not sure it's purely strength of character, it's as much a tactical issue IMO.  We seem to set up to defend at all costs and try and nick a goal to win it.  If we go behind, we have to completely change the game-plan, and this is something that Clement really seems to struggle with - I can't think of a single game this season where we've made a tactical change in a game that's actually made a positive difference.

Leeds away?

Archived