Belief is needed by the players

RAMSINCE1969

We need to play with belief, I feel certain players have lost their way, it frustrates the life out of me when I see Martin with all the body actions when he has lost the ball or things don't go his way!, he is not getting the service he was when Forsyth was in the team, Russell is not a winger at present I want him to get the ball and run to the bye line and get the crosses in, I want him to try, if he looses the ball he looses the ball but we will cheer on the those who have a go, we are too predictable with the passes across the back, I hope they all enjoy the game and run run run at united.

Weimann runs quicker backwards with the ball than forwards, another one who does not run at the opposition

I don't like naming players but most need to step up to the mark

The crowd will get behind the team if they excite us and show they have the will and belief

Johnny R shave that daft beard off and it might make you a little quicker enabling you to get past the defenders, ask any track athlete you need every advantage

Have we got a Kinkladzee, Commons, etc to have a run at the opposition? 

Hopefully tomorrow night we will be celebrating a win and some belief!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If tonight doesnt bring the best out in them and they want to put up a fight, then they must have no fight in them. I think/hope we'll see the best of Derby tonight. Not sure if we'll win but the players will step up.... if they dont Preston will be up for it next week!

Call it belief, some call it confidence. I have heard it said that football is 90% confidence 10% ability but if you have the ability the confidence follows.

The issue is how we deal with the crowd expectation and the pressure of needing to win games. Mentally we do not look at the races, players look nervous and edgy at times. I don't think the crowd help at home but the players need to find a way of dealing with the pressures..

Some say we were unlucky at Burnley, personally I don't buy that, we just did not do certain things all that well.

Confidence seems low and (as yet) unproven rumours of disharmony in the camp are circulating.

I had high expectations that Clement, with his Real Madrid experirence, would be able to handle both demanding crowds and squads of alpha-male players with ease. But the level of personal skills side of his style are increasingly questionable as he appears unable to turn certain players form around and lack of teamwork is evident.

Perhaps he is the analytical/tactical brain who is in need of an assistant who can work on the psychological side to recapture the will to win and esprit du corps that we once possessed.

There should be no pressure whatsoever from the crowd tonight. I think it'll be a good atmosphere, mainly due to Utd fans being the most consistently loudest and up for it away fans. Hopefully that will keep our fans equally singing.

So for the players, all they'll hear is lots of singing etc. The pressure is off tonight. Then v Preston....

3 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

There should be no pressure whatsoever from the crowd tonight. I think it'll be a good atmosphere, mainly due to Utd fans being the most consistently loudest and up for it away fans. Hopefully that will keep our fans equally singing.

So for the players, all they'll hear is lots of singing etc. The pressure is off tonight. Then v Preston....

In the context of our season this game is fairly meaningless. A good performance would be nice, a win would be even better but promotion either automatically or via the playoffs has to be the number one priority.

I would be happy to see a decent performance with players such as Camara given an opportunity to impress.

More importantly we need a win at home against Preston which is pretty much a must win game given our recent results.

Archived