Luck

TheDeadlySaul

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I didn't notice any Burnley players rushing to boot the ball into their own net or play volleyball in the penalty area that's discipline not luck

You weren't watching when the Burnley defender smashed a clearance against his own team mate and it rebounded out for a corner then or was that highly skilled. 

We also had 2 deflected shots that went over the bar or the goalie saved. 

I agree with the op that we have have had more than our share of bad luck this season, If you analyse the goals scored and the goals conceded this season, you would see that we have conceded about twice as many lucky goals as against the ones we have scored, despite the fact we have scored more goals.

We always remember the hard-luck stories but sometimes forget when we've had breaks.

I remember the 2013/14 season. Blackpool gave away two penalties and went down to 9 men in the 5-1 win, when we beat Huddersfield 3-1 they went down to nine men too, conceded a penalty and a cross.

Barnsley at home 2-1. Both long-range deflected goals. Middlesbrough (H) when we won 2-1, Sammon scoring a last minute mis-kick which looped over the goalkeeper.

Charlton away won 2-0. Ward opened the scoring with a deflected free-kick. Sheff Wed away winning 1-0. Bamford scored a long-range worldie after we were largely dominated.

Brighton (A) in the playoffs. They stupidly gave a way a pentalty and our second was an OG off the goalkeeper. 

The list goes on. We have just as much luck as bad luck. It just happens our bad luck is obviously more memorable and even more galling when they come in high-profile games.

Archived