Beware (doom monger alert)

YouRams

4 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Fair enough. But try to see things from Baird's perspective. He came down from the Premier League (and last season he played 19 times), is a regular in his national team, and was immediately given the captain armband. So he got to have great expectations at the beginning of the season, right? 

You say it's probably just him? What about Hendrick. Played 41 games last season, signed a new contract too, and have been a regular starter for his national team. Did a Messi in ROI's win over Georgia and another in Derby's win over Leeds. And then what? Johnson still keeps the spot despite his bad performance, plus Bryson (and Hughes soon) are coming back.

So try to see things from players' perspective. These rants and moans reflect something deeper. 

Agree to a certain extent on some situations.  If I was a midfielder watching Johnson from the bench then i'd be starting to ask questions on why I have played worse than that.

But Baird, football has to do the talking. No matter what it comes down to the pitch. At RB has he at any point had 5 good games better than Cyrus Christie's top 5. Same for Thorne and/or Warnock. 

Fair enough if they're frustrated. They need to be patient and perform when the chance comes. Speak to Clement. Keep working hard. Fans will also call for you if players in the 1st team are under performing and when that happens then managers usually start to waver a little bit. When thousands of people are moaning about something then coaches will have seen it too.

But his missus on twitter? Nobody should really care what she says. If she's doing his talking for him then he's gone the wrong way about it. If she's doing it on her own then 1)nobody should care what she thinks and 2) She's putting the wrong kind of attention on her/her partner/the club because for some reason people do actually read that shizzle.

Agree on Hendrick btw. He's done as much or more than Johnson. He can consider himself quite unlucky. Bryson too must fancy his chances. 

Even Bent probably wonders what he's expected to do. 

Sometimes players just aren't part of the plan though? 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Fair enough if they're frustrated. They need to be patient and perform when the chance comes. Speak to Clement. Keep working hard. Fans will also call for you if players in the 1st team are under performing and when that happens then managers usually start to waver a little bit. When thousands of people are moaning about something then coaches will have seen it too.

The problem is: Is it really PC that I (assuming I were Baird/Bent/Hendrick/Weimann) have to speak to, knowing that PC is going to do whatever Mel instructs/tells/hints him to do? Maybe it's because I rolled my eyes the other day when Mel spoke in the dressing room?

And say I am patient and be a good team player. The team does not go up, and have to sell off players after the spending spree and the fact that the squad is so bloated. I would then have to look for a job...

On 27/01/2016 at 16:27, HKRam said:

Apparently, Baird's wife also tweeted something on Monday, before and after the match:

17:23 "I predict my prediction will be correct x"

21:43 "And I was right, as always".

Wow that's really bad, I hope Baird is disciplined for it.

I assume her prediction was that she would write something completely unrelated to football and then a load of pr1cks would start abusing her?

Archived