Attendance figures this season

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

Jimmy Methven's Black and White Army

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not all down to Cloughie. In 1912 we went up as Second Division champions. After the last game away at Barnsley, 20,000 met the team as they arrived back at the station, according to Anton Rippon's book, "Derby County, The Story of a Football Club".

The approximate population was 120,000 back then!

Eddie was there. :p

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Long Eaton and it is pretty even  support between  Derby and Forest. Because we have a Notts postcode its quite irritating that people think we are in Nottinghamshire when we are actually in the Derby County. I do get a bit pedantic about it and always put my address down as Long Eaton, Derbys followed by the postcode, but most people put Long Eaton, Notts. When Derby and Forest play each other it gets pretty nasty sometimes, but usually its just good old fashioned banter. I definitely think our pricing policy makes it a lot easier for great fans to attend matches and obviously a far superior team and management/ownership set up. I know loads of Forest fans who just don't go to their matches any more for those reasons alone

On 1/6/2016 at 08:13, ColonelBlimp said:

They include Worthing and Littletrumpton within Brighton as well. Different authorities. Worthing and Trumpton are in West Sussex, Brighton in East Sussex.

I would also suspect there to be more Pompey fans in Trumpton than Brighton fans.

Not that anyone cares.

Thought they had their own team, mate -  Pugh Pugh Barney Magrew Cuthbert Dibble and Grub ??

Derby's actual urban population is very similar to that of Southampton.

It has been said in the past that Southampton is one of the clubs we're wanting to emulate when it comes to size and relative success. Southampton may feel a bit larger but that's because Derby has more rural surroundings whereas Southampton is an industrial port and has a larger catchment area due to urban surroundings.

When it comes to the actual city though, Southampton is probably our closest comparison.

Years ago I had been out on the town in Notts got in at three in the morning and woke up with the usual morning after feeling .Always stood on the popside but couldn't face the though of standing that day .

Me and my mate got a couple of seats ,anyway I fell asleep during the game [we were crap at the time] .My mate gives me a nudge and I said to him the thing is my missus thinks I am here enjoying myself .

Always turned up and hopefully always will.

Archived