The Fawaz Circus 2016

6 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Yeah of course. We've been poorly run for years but its taken a serious turn for the worse under his stewardship. 

Serious question, do any of your fans still back Fawaz?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Serious question, do any of your fans still back Fawaz?

A percentage do out of fear of potentially getting someone worse. Although if we continue at this rate I'm not sure it could get much worse 2BH. 

I've pretty much lost any semblance of patience that I might have had left. 

Sith Happens
28 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

A percentage do out of fear of potentially getting someone worse. Although if we continue at this rate I'm not sure it could get much worse 2BH. 

I've pretty much lost any semblance of patience that I might have had left. 

A lot will depend on how much of the debt Fawaz decides to write off or not if he does sell OR if he decides to pull the plug if he cant sell.

I think Forest are still at the stage where good management can turn them around, but it could soon turn into a Bolton situation, i have no idea which way it will go. For how much I joke about Forest i dont want to see them in the same boat as Bolton, I wouldnt trust Fawaz when Forest are out of embargo...can see him splurging millions again, but given how he treated Peterborough, and his record of keeping payment deadlines, how many clubs will let him buy players on instalments? I wouldnt.

The bloke is a joke...his cryptic comment on Twitter last week just proves what a clown he is. Forest need someone to come in and be patient and do what Derby did under clough, get the finances under control then build from there. Wont ever happen under Fawaz.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

A lot will depend on how much of the debt Fawaz decides to write off or not if he does sell OR if he decides to pull the plug if he cant sell.

I think Forest are still at the stage where good management can turn them around, but it could soon turn into a Bolton situation, i have no idea which way it will go. For how much I joke about Forest i dont want to see them in the same boat as Bolton, I wouldnt trust Fawaz when Forest are out of embargo...can see him splurging millions again, but given how he treated Peterborough, and his record of keeping payment deadlines, how many clubs will let him buy players on instalments? I wouldnt.

The bloke is a joke...his cryptic comment on Twitter last week just proves what a clown he is. Forest need someone to come in and be patient and do what Derby did under clough, get the finances under control then build from there. Wont ever happen under Fawaz.

Problem is, I doubt their fans would be patient enough for it to happen. They've only recently gave up the notion their squad isn't title-winning material.

And to provide balance, I'm fairly certain we only endured what we did because it was Nigel Clough. I doubt the fans, en-masse, would have been as patient with someone else.

Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, Srg said:

Problem is, I doubt their fans would be patient enough for it to happen. They've only recently gave up the notion their squad isn't title-winning material.

And to provide balance, I'm fairly certain we only endured what we did because it was Nigel Clough. I doubt the fans, en-masse, would have been as patient with someone else.

You may well be right about the clough element. I suppose people forgot what George Burley did on a shoestring too.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

You may well be right about the clough element. I suppose people forgot what George Burley did on a shoestring too.

Uncle George wouldn't have been allowed to do that for nearly 5 years though. Besides, people recognised that The amigos were corrupt and cut him a little slack - but not enough (hence the idiot stories about him that surfaced after he had left).

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Except this clearly isn't the case. Look on LTLF or other forest forums back at the start of the season and everyone bar a couple of knuckledraggers recognised we have a poor squad. No more delusional fans than I see on here

Just now, Red_Dawn said:

Except this clearly isn't the case. Look on LTLF or other forest forums back at the start of the season and everyone bar a couple of knuckledraggers recognised we have a poor squad. No more delusional fans than I see on here

Only people who talk complete sense on this forum, d'no what you're on about.

Sith Happens
49 minutes ago, eddie said:

Uncle George wouldn't have been allowed to do that for nearly 5 years though. Besides, people recognised that The amigos were corrupt and cut him a little slack - but not enough (hence the idiot stories about him that surfaced after he had left).

What i mean though is he created an attacking team that was unlucky not to get promoted - so he did better.

44 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

challenge-accepted-meme.jpg

Harry1982... "I know a lot of people are expecting mediocrity but our squad is better than last season, ok some are injury prone but the quality in depth allows us to rotate the to hopefully limit injuries. As a bologna in mid to late Jan is could re vitalise the team for that all important last push third of the season. If we can stay in playoff until then I think we have a really good chance"

John Player... "We have an incredibly talented bunch of players (much more talented than they tend to show) so yes on paper they could be a top six side. The trouble is there doesn't seem to be a workable system that allows the group we have to form a balanced team where everyone plays to their strengths. For that reason we will once again be lower mid table team and will be for the foreseeable future."

tropix... "In all seriousness we obviously should be challenging the top 6 again, especially when Britt is back. We all know this deep down."

Alf-Hasawi... "Don't expect owt this year. Have a year off and just accept whatever happens. Most unpredictable season in years."

Barry... "One place above the relegation zone?"

Errol... "1st"

Dangerous Dom... "I've never felt so unexcited in all my life as a Forest supporter..."

hannahd... "I think next season will be all about fighting relegation, so at least our season will be kept alive right until the end..."

mardello... "Just put £100 on forest to win the championship at 33-1.." (in fairness, he admits to being mad)

Red Dawn... (in reply to mardello) "Mate you might aswell have bought some magic beans for 100 quid"

After that, it got very depressing. The opinion of forest fans was, by and large, as you suggested, Dawny.

Most Forest fans know they aren't very good, the more delusional one's are most likely on a wind up, we got them when we were near the bottom season after season. 

Dawny and tiger are intelligent enough and realise their in a mess.. what p***** me off though as I'd love for us both to be challenging at the top of the league like for much of the 2013/14 season, the banter is so much better when both sides are doing well, as oppose to both of us being **** or one of us doing well and the other doing ****. 

Not many Forest lot around at the moment and you can't really blame them. 

I'd rather Forest be challenging for a Top 6 place it gives us respite to laugh at them when they screw it up rather than the current predictable scenario of them laughing at us when we lose a play off final, fail to make it to the playoffs on the last day and whatever cock up will happen this season

18 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair effort there Eddie, but you clearly have too much time on your hands :D 

I'm ill at the moment at home - genuinely not very well, which explains why I'm a bit short with some posters.

As opposed to my missus the Memsahib, who's just a bit short.

Archived