Gambling nowadays...

Mafiabob

2 hours ago, sage said:

I am undertaking a mathematical gambling scheme this year, based only on best odds and offers only.

I'm currently £4.5k up but am now finding betting companies are starting to ban me or reduce my bet size to £1. You never see a poor bookie.  

My mate does the same thing, manipulates sign up offers and lays them on the exchanges to gurantee himself profit. It's easy to do but boring, i love the thrill of picking your own winners.

I absolutely love gambling and you could probably count the days of this year where I haven't had a bet on one hand.  This year alone I have staked over £26k on sports bets and i'm in profit by a measly £600. I'm not sure if that means i'm a problem gambler or gambling addict, i've never really thought about that. I will never let the situation spiral out of control, i know when to call it a day and take my medicine.

As long as you follow the two golden rules; don't gamble more than you can afford to lose and don't go chasing your losses, there's no reason why anyone can't enjoy a little flutter.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others have mentioned. Too many bets can be placed now. Access is too easy. Adverts are just getting silly and to most people these are just digits on a screen. You literally don't seem or feel as though you are gambling money. When people tell you about a bet they have placed with a great big smile on their face what exactly are you supposed to say or how are you supposed to act. Want to say something but no matter how sincere it will appear as though you are being a bit of an ass. As though you are cramping their freedom and entertainment. 

People should continue to be able to gamble, I don't oppose that. But I would ban the advertisement of gambling tomorrow. I would also probably ban online gambling. Anyone who has a problem with this I think ultimately has a gambling problem. To what degree depends on the individual. 

The online bookies are taking the mick. They pay lip service to the govt regulations around “responsible gambling” yet at the same time are constantly texting/emailing me with special offers, special odds etc etc. If I had a problem (which thank the lord I don’t) it would be torture.

How do they not get done for this? Surely targeted advertising should be illegal for bookies

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

The online bookies are taking the mick. They pay lip service to the govt regulations around “responsible gambling” yet at the same time are constantly texting/emailing me with special offers, special odds etc etc. If I had a problem (which thank the lord I don’t) it would be torture.

How do they not get done for this? Surely targeted advertising should be illegal for bookies

targeted marketing is almost here unfortunately, with the help of Google we already have adverts that follow us around the net, the next thing that will come 2016 is that all adverts will be tailored to your search history and demographical data, this should be rolled out on SKY, BT and Virgin and any other paid services that we pay for.

so if you have a gambling problem and your IP logging knows you visit these sites you will be bombarded with gambling ads.

not forgetting that all these sites are from Gibraltar, thus unregulated and do they pay tax in the UK?

First thing at work this morning... On about weekends football, first remarks about it was "Chelsea let my acca down" ... " Liverpool cost me for £300" nothing about the game in general. Culture change in last few years is unreal

Gambling. 

If you do it, control it. Never let it control you, cos if you do, get ready for some serious pain.

And it will come.

Do not find out the hard way.

On 6 December 2015 at 23:28, -JW- said:

My mate does the same thing, manipulates sign up offers and lays them on the exchanges to gurantee himself profit. It's easy to do but boring, i love the thrill of picking your own winners.

I absolutely love gambling and you could probably count the days of this year where I haven't had a bet on one hand.  This year alone I have staked over £26k on sports bets and i'm in profit by a measly £600. I'm not sure if that means i'm a problem gambler or gambling addict, i've never really thought about that. I will never let the situation spiral out of control, i know when to call it a day and take my medicine.

As long as you follow the two golden rules; don't gamble more than you can afford to lose and don't go chasing your losses, there's no reason why anyone can't enjoy a little flutter.

JW £26K can hardly be classed as a little flutter......:o That's a deposit for a house, actually in Nottingham that's the cost of a house:lol:

Archived