Giving weather names

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

Im for this, but must admit i did like us Scots calling ours Hurricane Bawbag!

tbh im more fizzing at the meltdown that occurs re trains/busses etc whenever a snowflake falls

The wrong sort of trains have been disrupted because of the wrong type of leaves on the wrong sort of rails. it's all wrong, sort of.

22 minutes ago, mozza said:

We ain't fick you know , everyone knows they are in numerical order ..

Well the boss doesn't seem to. He's posting about weather. I might start posting about the time I went to the crucifix in Doncaster to watch the snooker. Eric Bristow was two sets down against Tom Philby. What a comeback though. He changed racquets, and potted all the balls with one shot. I'll never forget old Ted lowe. Look at his face, just look at his face! 

If the government seriously wants to save money, they should close the Met office. Seems like the jobsworthies have been told to find something to do, like give coloured weather alerts, and naming storms.

Anyone can see what the weather's doing by looking out of the f*****g window.

And the weather forecasts.

First, they seem to have a huge roster of presenters, who tell you what the weather did earlier, then they have a stab at what they think is going to happen later.

Then you get the weather 'where you are', repeating more or less what they've just told you, only with a larger scale map, and  another set of various presenters for every area in GB.

If you're unlucky enough to live in a fringe reception area, like North Devon, 'where you are' is Wales, showing tantalising glimpses of N. Devon, with no weather symbols.

Despite huge sums spent on IT, they're not fit for purpose. 'There will be no hurricane'.

I wouldn't pay them in brass washers.

14 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Abigail came before barney, and rightly so. Clodagh came before Desmond too. Can you see how it works yet? 

The gentlemen excercised admirable control?

Archived