Mobile Sim Free/PAYG

Day

Who you with and what have you got? 

Coming to the end of my 2 year EE contract, just bought a 6S+ direct from Apple so I could go sim free or even pay as you go and lower my contract but looking around now there isn't many decent ones around. Looks like I'll have to get on the phone to India to negotiate a deal with the networks.

Sold my iPhone 6 for £400 so the 6S+ cost me £300 in the end, when you look at the basic iPhone contracts now they are £50 minimum for 2 years which is £1200, hoping to pay no more than £20pm which would be £480 over 2 years, plus £300 for the phone it saves £420, doesn't sound a lot but in real money that's like 140 pints.

Paying £48 a month for unlimited minutes and texts, 4GB data at the moment, barely use standard texts with iMessage, WhatsApp and Facebook messenger. Can use them for calls as well with FaceTime audio.

Unlimited data, 100 minutes, texts not bothered is what I would likey

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah my missus is on 3, she gets a better connection in the house than I do although I use the new wifi calling now with EE which works out better. Wherever we go tho York, Lincoln, Derby I can get 4G but she can only get it for a few seconds before cutting back to 3G

Used to be on GiffGaff but switched to Three.

GG was really damn cheap when I first signed up but the last 12 months or so prices have been creeping up to the point where I was better paying £20 to Three for unlimited data 3g/4g and have a service that works in places like the iPro at half time.

Found the GG/O2 coverage not that great, many times when travelling around I would lose signal completely, I also get a full data service over in Findern whereas on GG I had a 2g service :blink:

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I went on a Sim only deal with EE in January, for about £13pm through carphone warehouse. Eventually though, the battery life on the Iphone5 was killing me, so I upgraded to get a phone to go with the SIM.

Pretty sure you can just google "sim only contract" and it'll bring up the comparisons.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/sims/pay-monthly

You can Google but if you ring up you get better deals, so if I had a rough idea what people were getting I could get my bartering on the go. I assume when you renew a sim only deal you will get better deals, that's what I try to get first time round

Just now, Daveo said:

You can Google but if you ring up you get better deals, so if I had a rough idea what people were getting I could get my bartering on the go. I assume when you renew a sim only deal you will get better deals, that's what I try to get first time round

never works like that. Renewing rarely rewards loyalty. New customer share is the motivation, hence better deals for new costumers than existing ones.

Archived