Baird article

Dr. Gonzo

On 17 November 2015 at 07:42:29, Ramarena said:

Yep he shouldn't even be thinking about a loan at this stage, when the captain say's he want's out if he's not in the team, then it's time to look for a new captain. 

Totally agree, but I think 99.9% of us on here thought it was going to be Shacks, Martin or even Thorne to be our next captain when PC was selecting him and not Baird. 

It was a strange appointment!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don;t mind,players wanting to play in the team,and not being happy while not playing..

To me it shows players in the team,have to perform to be part of a successful side.

It puts pressure on everyone ,their is millions sitting on our bench and it is there to win football games.

To keep the lid on a quality squad and set standards for all ,is the responsibility of the Head Coach.

Forest is a lesson that i hope shows commitment is key  ,Not turning up is not a option.

We have a lot of talent not happy but know that they are a big part of the winning mentality,.

Pressure makes a successful club ,and dealing with it the key

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎09‎:‎35, cosmic said:

FINALLY, someone steps up to the plate and gives the East Stand someone to boo. I'm happy for them, I bet they've not felt part of this season so far.

They've not booed you once, no matter how badly you've performed on here.

16 hours ago, philmycock said:

East stand have already had an in-match barney with him.

I don't think he should saying in public that if he doesn't get game time he'll look for a loan to get a regular start, how's about working your ****** off and claim a place at a club that is paying your wages, mardy get.

Butthurt again? It's becoming a regular occurrence for you.

He has said he will fight for his place.

He only said he would look for a loan elsewhere towards the end of the season if he wasn't getting any game time. The European Championships are in the summer and he will need to play to be selected.

He has played for Northern Ireland for 12 years and at 33 this will be his only chance of a tournament.

No-one in his right mind would think anything different.

If we want honesty and transparency in our club, this is what it looks like.  

On 19/11/2015, 21:10:48, sage said:

He has said he will fight for his place.

He only said he would look for a loan elsewhere towards the end of the season if he wasn't getting any game time. The European Championships are in the summer and he will need to play to be selected.

He has played for Northern Ireland for 12 years and at 33 this will be his only chance of a tournament.

No-one in his right mind would think anything different.

If we want honesty and transparency in our club, this is what it looks like.  

Spot on.

And I for one expect cyrus to have a wobble at some stage this season at which point baird could be invaluable. 

Archived